Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your 54 Sporters

187K views 443 replies 150 participants last post by  refuze2falo 
#1 ·
I miss the one I traded off to my dad and I need a fix. I'm hoping I can find an older pristine one in Tulsa in April but I need a hold over.

#83 · (Edited)
I got another 1423. This is an earlier rifle in the 68xxx range. My 1423 Stutzen in the 61xxx range looks very much the same but has the original buttpad and is in better condition. The price was right and I got my third 1423 despite the fact that the end of the buttstock was cut to install the rubber buttpad. I guessstimate this one to be from around 1959 to 1961.

the 61xxx serial:

the earlier versions:

#84 ·
Those older ones look great!

My newer ones are kind of boring to look at though you can see some figure under the thick finish. Right now, I am working on a stock for my father-in-law's 1717 for his birthday. I bought the stock a little beat up. I stripped it and am finishing it in just TruOil. That way he can have an extra for his gun that has some figure to it. I wish I would remember to take a before picture so I could show what the factory finish was hiding.

#87 ·
New to the club!!!!
Well, I will be on December 25th anyway.....

Picked up a used 1710D HB.

The resident "Elf" let me take it to the range for a quick try out before it went upstairs to get wrapped. I did 5 shot groups. I used the first four groups to get the scope dialed in at 50 yards. These are groups 5 and 6......

And I'd like to thank this forum for my months of lurking before making this purchase!!!!!!

Chuck

#88 ·
Here is mine. I'll have to change something up with the scope mounts\rings though because it's shooting about 4" low. 1422 with vxII LEUPOLD 4X12 ao. I'll probably send the scope back to leupold also for a cpc crosshairs and target turrets
Chad

#92 ·
Updated picture

Here's an updated picture of my 2003 1712, sometimes I'm not sure weather it's good or bad but I can't stop trying to "improve" the performance of this rifle. McMillian "mcwoody"synthetic stock, DIP base, and just replaced the firing pin spring this morning.