Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anschutz Models Sticky

138K views 126 replies 54 participants last post by  Procrates 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Anschutz Models ---Sticky---- Mods??? Can We Sticky This??

Hello folks, I am trying to compile information on the Anschutz line of rifles so we can turn it into a sticky. Please if you have information to ad post it, and I will copy and paste it into this post so its stays at the top and makes it easy for folks to find. If you need to be recognized as the author please indicate that and I will make sure you get the recognition.

We still need information on triggers, sights, and any other holes you see that need filling please do so.

I will continue to update this first post as information is added

Folks, if you don't mind kindly let us know if this list is helpful, as we would like to know if its worth maintaining and updating. Thanks

A BIG thank you goes to Prairiewalker! as the following spreadsheets were compiled and shared by him :t

This list has been updated. If you find information that is missing please compact Prairiewalker so he can include it in these charts as he is compiling this information for the sticky.

This link is a great starting point as it lists many of the models and their features.
http://www.pmulcahy.com/single-shot-double_sporting_rifles/german_ss-d_spr-a-d.htm

Here is a quick guide to the Match 54 target-line numbers: copied from Tim Slater's Post

14XX - The rifle was made between 1954 and 1980. Rifles made 1954 -1976 have the wing safety bolt, and a straight handle. Rifles made from 1977-1980 have a trigger safety, and conical bolt cap, plus a redesigned trigger and firing pin. Serial numbers end in an X. Handles were straightb in '77-78, and curved in '79-'80. '77-'80 vintage rifles are often called 16xx, or Transition-models, or X-Barrels to differentiate them.

18xx - The rifle was made between 1980 and 1987. The action/bolt/trigger is very similar to the 16xx, but with enough differences that bolts/triggers are not interchangeable.

19XX - The rifle was made in 1987 or after. The action is the same as the 18xx (bar one miniscule change). The foresight mounting switched from a dovetail block to grooves cut directly into the muzzle (now a slightly larger diameter to suit). the 1907 has a slightly shorter and lighter barrel than the 1913. The 1907 can also be found as a repeater, although extremely rare

XX13 - AKA The Supermatch. This is Anschutz's top of the line Olympic Free Rifle. It has a walnut thumbhole stock. The butt is adjustable for LOP via a thumbscrew, and height, and offset/cant after the late '60s. Post '73 the cheekpice has been adjustable. Barrel is 69cm long and about 24mm diameter.

XX11 - The Prone rifle, Made 1954 to about 2000. This had a broad, straight fore-end. It has the same heavy 69cm barrel as the XX13.

XX07 - 1954-1964- A Lightweight 9lb rifle.
1968?- Present - The UIT Standard, an 11lb rifle in a basic 3-P stock. The barrel is 66cm/26in and lighter than the XX11/XX13. The fore-end is deeper than the XX11 or XX13. Most XX07 for-ends are flush with the triggerguard and then taper up.

XX10 - 197? -2000ish, a cheaper version of the XX13. It has the same barrel but a different stock. The stock is beech, and the fore-end tapers like an XX07.

XX09 - 1960s - A cheaper version of the 1413, without the LOP adjustment.
1970s-2000 an XX07 barrel in an XX10 stock.

XX08 - 1965-196? Anschutz's first UIT standard rifle, for reasons unknown the model number was changed to 1407.
1970s- Running Target rifle.

1912 - 1997-Present, a scaled down 1913 with a 1907 barrel to meet the 6.5kg weight limit for the ISSF Ladies Sport rifle rules.

Triggers

Current Triggers (Click each trigger for detailed info):

Triggers Page 1

Triggers Page 2

Adjustment of 5056 and 5057 Anschutz 64 triggers from 1960s & 70s.
The following link shows some 14xx match triggers

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2228244&postcount=7

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/usmc690303/AnschutzManual3.jpg

Sights need info
Some information on anschutz sights, click the link
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/usmc690303/AnschutzManual5.jpg

Hunting and Sporting Rifles

14xx Sporting rimfires are built on the 64 action (need info please)

17xx Sporting rimfires are built on the 54 action (need info please)

1770 Current Centerfire Hunting production in .223 caliber only, medium weight barrel

1780 Current Centerfire Hunting rifles in 308, 30-06, 8x57 IS, 9.3x62

Anschutz has marketed is 64 action through third party vendors such as CIL in Canada, and Weatherby in the U.S. To my knowledge the 54 action has never been used by any other manufacturer other than Anschutz.

Markings (repost)
D - Single stage trigger
E = Singler loader
G = Barrel thread
HB = Heavy Barrel
FL = Folding leaf sight
L = Left hand version
MP = Multi purpose
R = Repeater
Silh = Silhouette

This is a video of the Anschutz Factory 50 years ago, the link comes from another post in this forum, its great reference material.

Anschutz Website Quicklinks

Hunting 22,s: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=106&sprache=1

Biathlon: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=99&sprache=1

Target: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=105&sprache=1

Hunting Line all calibers. http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/index.php5?menu=98&sprache=1

See less See more
1 6
#7 ·
Don't abandon the thread. People interested in an Anschutz need some consolidated information. I have copied a post by Tim Slater which has a very good general explanation that is easy to understand. Since the Anschutz model identification attempt covers so many years and several changes in the way they identified their products, perhaps a sticky that would include blocks of information like Tim's below and Gizzy's which is posted in several threads, and any other block of accurate information would be the best that can be done.

From Tim:

Here is a quick guide to the Match 54 target-line numbers:

14XX - The rifle was made between 1954 and 1980. Rifles made 1954 -1976 have the wing safety bolt, and a straight handle. Rifles made from 1977-1980 have a trigger safety, and conical bolt cap, plus a redesigned trigger and firing pin. Serial numbers end in an X. Handles were straightb in '77-78, and curved in '79-'80. '77-'80 vintage rifles are often called 16xx, or Transition-models, or X-Barrels to differentiate them.

18xx - The rifle was made between 1980 and 1987. The action/bolt/trigger is very similar to the 16xx, but with enough differences that bolts/triggers are not interchangeable.

19XX - The rifle was made in 1987 or after. The action is the same as the 18xx (bar one miniscule change). The foresight mounting switched from a dovetail block to grooves cut directly into the muzzle (now a slightly larger diameter to suit).

XX13 - AKA The Supermatch. This is Anschutz's top of the line Olympic Free Rifle. It has a walnut thumbhole stock. The butt is adjustable for LOP via a thumbscrew, and height, and offset/cant after the late '60s. Post '73 the cheekpice has been adjustable. Barrel is 69cm long and about 24mm diameter.

XX11 - The Prone rifle, Made 1954 to about 2000. This had a broad, straight fore-end. It has the same heavy 69cm barrel as the XX13.

XX07 - 1954-1964- A Lightweight 9lb rifle.
1968?- Present - The UIT Standard, an 11lb rifle in a basic 3-P stock. The barrel is 66cm/26in and lighter than the XX11/XX13. The fore-end is deeper than the XX11 or XX13. Most XX07 for-ends are flush with the triggerguard and then taper up.

XX10 - 197? -2000ish, a cheaper version of the XX13. It has the same barrel but a different stock. The stock is beech, and the fore-end tapers like an XX07.

XX09 - 1960s - A cheaper version of the 1413, without the LOP adjustment.
1970s-2000 an XX07 barrel in an XX10 stock.

XX08 - 1965-196? Anschutz's first UIT standard rifle, for reasons unknown the model number was changed to 1407.
1970s- Running Target rifle.

1912 - 1997-Present, a scaled down 1913 with a 1907 barrel to meet the 6.5kg weight limit for the ISSF Ladies Sport rifle rules.

And from Gizzy's earlier post:

How about a Sticky to list Anschutz letter designations???

D = Single stage trigger
E = Single loader
G = Barrel thread
HB = Heavy barrel
KL = Folding leaf sight
FL = Fast acquisition sight
L = Left hand version
MP = Multi Purpose
R = Repeater
Silh.= Silhouette

There is certainly a need for some kind of sticky given all the posts asking for information on these fine rifles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Thanks Pastprime for the information. I added it to the original post along with the Anschutz weblink that a following poster posted. If the information keeps coming in we will have a great collection of information. Please encourage others to contribute and we will soon have the best source for information going. Thanks for the links Berock, they are posted.

#16 ·
No credit due me; the information came from others. But, I agree that if we keep getting blocks of information or links, a meaningful sticky can be created. Then the issue will be who will maintain it. I'm sure there are several capable members and I hope one or more come forward and take ownership.

#20 ·
Usmc69. Can you pm me the link to that page and I will post it in the first post? Not sure how to swipe the pic off the post and post it to photo bucket.

Also does anyone know how to host a word document somewhere in cyberland and post a link to it? I have been sent pages of information that I would like for folks to reference but its way to much info to post in a single post here. If you know could you kindly help me out as I would like for guys to be able to access it.

Thanks

#22 ·
Usmc69. Can you pm me the link to that page and I will post it in the first post? Not sure how to swipe the pic off the post and post it to photo bucket.

Also does anyone know how to host a word document somewhere in cyberland and post a link to it? I have been sent pages of information that I would like for folks to reference but its way to much info to post in a single post here. If you know could you kindly help me out as I would like for guys to be able to access it.

Thanks
Here you are. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n1/usmc690303/AnschutzManual3.jpg I have the entire manual if something else is needed.

AJ

#24 · (Edited)
Sigdizzy, My hat is off to you for driving this. It is much needed because Anschutz has such a rich, and sometimes complex, lineage of rifles.

I believe the value of a sticky goes up significantly if the key information is at the top of the thread with supporting images embedded in that "anchor" post or subsequent posts. As you add images you will find you will hit a limit in any single post (it is about 10 images). So it becomes valuable to have multiple posts from the OP on the first page of the thread. (Please refer to this post from 35WCF to see what I am talking about:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212830
It is arguably the most amazing post on RFC both in terms of information and how it is presented. Note how 35WCF grabbed the first bunch of posts to put the key info at the beginning of the thread.)

Thank you for your work on this. It is much appreciated.

~~~

#26 ·
All4, that sticky on brno's is excellent. Unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough on anschutz to ad the commentary nor keep all the info accurate and straight, an Anni nut will have to do that. Maybe we can use this thread to collect enough data to eventually create a better sticky

#27 ·
Some time ago I started a list of Anschutz models. I tidied it up a bit to let you see if this could be used as part of our planned sticky.

The problem I have is that it is a table in MS Word format. I also have it as an HTML file but I do not know enough about posting stuff on the forum here to let you guys take a look at it.

Can any of you easily help with my problem or can I email the MS Word or HTML file to any of you so that you can post it for comment? Right now it runs to about 60 models and major variants and I have not started on the 16XX, 19XX and 20XX rifles, or the very few pistols and shotguns.

Thanks

Mike

#31 · (Edited)
Updated 2/26/12... Here is Prairiewalker's latest excellent file saved as .jpg's so they can be posted and viewed directly in this thread. These image files can be poached at will and moved to the front of this thread. I am happy to convert Prairiewalker's updates to .jpg's as they are available. A BIG thank you goes to Prairiewalker! :t

~~~

#33 ·
Exceptions to the rules...

Wow,
That's a great spreadsheet. I know that every "rule" has an exception, and I have one. According to the spreadsheet, the 1409 is a light barreled rifle.

I've got a 1962 vintage 1409 with a heavy bbl.

Was there an HB option? I'm not sure why Anschutz would have marked this so.

Also - can we get a list of abbreviations for the spreadsheet? I'm not clear on the stock shapes. T hole = thumb hole, but what is W?

#34 ·
Great post 23's dad, I think as time goes on we are going to find a pile of variants as Anschutz has been good at filing customers needs and has been known to fill special orders. Lets hope this site becomes a great resource for the odd and unusual Annies that are out there. Please keep posting

Folks its time to bug the mods into making this a sticky, I think we have enough good information to make this thing stick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.