Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your Annie

661K views 1K replies 510 participants last post by  Baernutz 
#1 ·
We had a picture thread going here for a while, that for whatever reason went away. I'd like to start another one - as you guys know, I like threads with lots of pictures..

Here's my current pride & joy.. a Signature series made in 1999 for the turn of the century...

and here's the same rifle in an Anschutz Bavarian style stock I got off ebay a few years back..

See less See more
#65 ·
Shred, That 1730 is beautiful. Is it a meister grade? It would be fantastic if you refinished it and got that dark anschutz stain off it. I have a 1717 meister. I refinished it. Can see the wood a lot better. But it is nothing compared to yours. The top half of the but stock is a lot darker than the bottom half. Could hardly see that before. Also can see the fiddle back and feathering a lot better.

#77 ·
why the dark stain?

After looking at Shelbyfan's before and after I really wonder why Anschutz uses such a dark stain. When you can see the wood grain you can see that their wood is actually very nice.\, down deep.

I bet it would be even easier to sell an Anschutz if they didn't use the dark stain and allowed the beauty of their wood grain to show through. JMHO :)

#82 ·
That 1712 looks awesome mate, that would be my ultimate rifle.... with posably a change of the trigger to the 5018. Where did you get that stock i really like it?

Ooo ooo actually could you post some more pics :D :D it just looks so nice i would love to see more of that rifle! How does it shoot with the new barrel?