Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scope recommendation for 54 sporter

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  patriot07 
#1 ·
I have a 1969 54 sporter and some 1" scope rings. I shoot at a buddy's place where he puts targets at 15 and 50 yards. So I need something that will focus down parallax-free to 15 yards and has enough mag (at least 12x) to get to 50 yards with some precision. Would like to be under $500. Leupold, Vortex, etc. are all fine - I'm not crazy about no-name brands but will consider anything if the specs are good and the price is reasonable. Thanks in advance for the help.

#4 ·
That magnification is fine, but the length is too much. I just bought leupold medium 1" rings for the vari-x 3-9 that I had, and I need the new scope to fit behind the rear sight. A 40mm objective will hit it with the medium rings if the objective end is very long.

#5 · (Edited)
If you are looking for high-end, look at the NX8 scopes from NightForce.
Parallax adjustable down to 10 meters (11 yards).

When I was trying to match a good scope to an Anschutz air rifle, I was looking for
parallax adjustment down to 10 meters/11 yards.

I found these charts in Italian, but you can figure out the meanings. It shows scope
brand, parallax, etc.

Attachments

#6 ·
While I've never done less than 50 yard shooting,(nor do I see the appeal or challenge) I've never done better shooting with any scope or any gun, than I did with just a Leupold M8 12x ao with fine duplex on my Ans. 1422 sporter.(very similar to yours)
On good days, I could put five rounds in the same hole at 50 yards. Dime size and nickel size groups very routinely.
I doubt that it has the ability for PA at 15 yards, but they also have a gloss finish which looks good on a sporter, are not too big, and can be found for less than $350.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.