Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

New Annie owner

623 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  carbineone 
#1 ·
Or maybe custodian... who knows?

Armslist! Of all places - Armslist! Not exactly traditional scam-ridden Armslist, but Armslist nevertheless. I was perusing said site one day last week, and I came upon a listing for a 64 MPR, with a pretty decent Leupold scope. It was actually listed by a local gun shop with which I am familiar and have done business before. I rolled in there at about quarter to closing time and took a look at the rifle. For better or worse, I offered $300 under the tagged price. They came back with a counter of $200 under tagged price, and I accepted. Of course I had to pay sales tax on top of that, so I came out about $77 under the tagged price all-in.

Anyway, it's a 64 MPR with a stainless barrel, dated 2003 according to my research so far (AD code). Pretty much stock looking, and mounted up with Leupold Competition Series 45x40 scope (30mm tube). Looks good and feels good. It has a little round sticker on the side of the scope that has "SK Std+" handwritten, so I assume it shoots well with that. Now I just have to find some. Pics later. I probably need to sell something(s) to recoup my bank account from this one LOL!

#2 · (Edited)
Not a Anshutz guy at all..But sounds like you made a Happy purchase.

I always see people say they get scammed on Armslist. How exactly does this come about? I have bought alot of Firearms on their..Never seen a scam once..

Now if you are dumb enough to send some guy you do not even know, half way across the Country 600.00 for a deal that is already to good to be true... That is not a scam..That is just stupid,LOL A scam is only becomes a scam if you are a willing participant. Armslist warns you against that even. People must ignore it and foolishly send the money anyway.

Every local ad on there was legit that I have ever responded to..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.