My new missing Anschutz - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:06 AM
rapidfire10ring
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
My new missing Anschutz

Bought an unusual scoped silhouette Anschutz 64 on GB. That "arrived" today by UPS. Tracking showed it was delivered. My usual FFL contacted me and said the package was an empty gun case.

[IMG][/IMG]

SN 1277624 in case someone finds it in a dumpster.

How do you handle this crap with a Gun Broker seller???
Old 03-31-2021, 01:06 AM
tim slater

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does the delivery documentation include the weight of the packet? I'm just thinking of eliminating basics like shipping an empty case.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:18 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Wow! What a bummer

Would think that this is the sellers problem , and that you get your money back from GB. And he makes a claim on the shipping insurance. But i dont know the GB rules on something like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2021, 06:48 AM
LeverGunFan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim slater View Post
Does the delivery documentation include the weight of the packet? I'm just thinking of eliminating basics like shipping an empty case.
Very good advice. Have your FFL weigh the package and contents as it was delivered to him. UPS does list the package weight on the tracking information page, under "shipment details". Compare the two weights to see if they differ by the weight of the rifle or not.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:18 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
rapidfire10ring,

check the weight of the package in the shipping documentation, as mentioned before. This will help to establish what happened and where the loss occurred. You will have to contact the seller and inform him of this and the receiving FFL should write all info down and give it to you in writing as long as the memory is fresh, they should also keep all packaging.

You wrote that the FFL received an empty gun case. It could have been, that the seller made a mistake and shipped the wrong case. It could have been that the rifle was taken from the gun case in transit. This is why I never write anything in the address that makes it obvious that there is a gun in the package. UPS at least does not show the value of the package, while USPS shows the postage and insurance value on the label and gives an unintelligent hint about something well worth to be stolen.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:13 AM
farm boy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What was the condition of the package, damaged or opened and re-sealed. Hard to say this would help depending on what the condition of the package was when shipped.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:25 AM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (56)
I guess the other pertinent questions are: Does the seller have a history on GB?
Was the gun...or should I say "package", shipped with full insurance?
Old 03-31-2021, 12:16 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Yes, it states 5 pounds which is about right for an empty rifle case!
Old 03-31-2021, 12:17 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
I guess the other pertinent questions are: Does the seller have a history on GB?
Was the gun...or should I say "package", shipped with full insurance?
Sorry, I dont know that answer at this time. BT
Old 03-31-2021, 12:19 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Tim: The package weight shows 5 pounds, about the weight of an empty rifle case.

Tracking Number:
1Z1T29GZ0300014218

Ship To:
COEUR D ALENE, ID 83815
US
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Number of Packages: 1
Weight: 5.0 LBS
Old 03-31-2021, 12:51 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (268)
That really sucks! That rifle and scope in a case, plus shipping container, would be WELL over 5 pounds. So, you've been swindled. Doesn't GunBroker have any responsibility here as the advertiser with a fee collected?

Doug
Old 03-31-2021, 01:09 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
That really sucks! That rifle and scope in a case, plus shipping container, would be WELL over 5 pounds. So, you've been swindled. Doesn't GunBroker have any responsibility here as the advertiser with a fee collected?

Doug
I doubt it.
The question remains if this seller had a sales history, or he migrated over from scamcentral: Armslist.

I've never sent out a gun without full insurance. Too many careless handlers along the way, and runaway forklifts.
Not that a swindler would pay for it, but every buyer should ask for, and being willing to pay for, full insurance.

In the past, I've wondered about sellers of any kind sending an empty box or an incomplete order. It appears that it certainly complicates getting the matter resolved, as the seller has a record that he sent something.
While I take exception with a few details of my state's firearms laws, in instances like this, I have to agree with my state's policy that all guns being shipped, must go through an FFL.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:14 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (61)
Guy has a few past sales and some positive feedback. Hopefully all a mistake? I packaged up an empty Leupold scope box once but caught it at weigh in.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:17 PM
rapidfire10ring

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster View Post
I doubt it.
The question remains if this seller had a sales history, or he migrated over from scamcentral: Armslist.

I've never sent out a gun without full insurance. Too many careless handlers along the way, and runaway forklifts.
Not that a swindler would pay for it, but every buyer should ask for, and being willing to pay for, full insurance.

In the past, I've wondered about sellers of any kind sending an empty box or an incomplete order. It appears that it certainly complicates getting the matter resolved, as the seller has a record that he sent something.
While I take exception with a few details of my state's firearms laws, in instances like this, I have to agree with my state's policy that all guns being shipped, must go through an FFL.
Thankfully two other rifles I just purchased were fully insured and on the way.
Here is another I just purchased: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893358415

Also as you saw, it did go to an FFL, who was the one that alerted me he had an empty rifle case. The seller just emailed and said he was checking into it. I dont know if that means he is checking to see if his staff stole the rifle or W.T.F. happened. INMHO he owes me the total cost back and I did look into the Buyer Protection Plan that GB offers and it is limited to $400, as I can best determine.

Last edited by rapidfire10ring; 03-31-2021 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2021, 01:43 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidfire10ring View Post
Thankfully two other rifles I just purchased were fully insured and on the way.
Here is another I just purchased: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/893358415

Also as you saw, it did go to an FFL, who was the one that alerted me he had an empty rifle case. The seller just emailed and said he was checking into it. I dont know if that means he is checking to see if his staff stole the rifle or W.T.F. happened. INMHO he owes me the total cost back and I did look into the Buyer Protection Plan that GB offers and it is limited to $400, as I can best determine.

"Also as you saw, it did go to an FFL" Yes, I saw that. I was referring to the seller sending through a FFL on his end , a requirement in my state, rather than the looser requirements of other states where individuals can send directly to the buyer's FFL.

Congrats on the 1913. Looks like a nice gun from a solid seller.

Last edited by Camster; 03-31-2021 at 04:40 PM.