Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anschutz model 1903 match 64 action, - mounting of target scope.

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  ECC 
#1 ·
Hi every one, I am very new to the forum, & I have a problem sighting in a Pecar Berlin 37X target scope that I mounted on my Anschutz 1903/match 64 action.
- At 50 yards, I cannot lift the point of impact any closer than 4 inches below the aimed at bulls eye as I have run out of elevation adjustment. - Is there a canted rail that I can use on the match 64 action to tilt the scope downwards some more?
Hopefully this is just a common problem with an easy fix!
Thanks for humoring me...

#2 · (Edited)
Hi,

I take it you have mounted your scope on the 11mm dovetail.

I would center the scope reticle and find out where the group shoots at 50 metres.

There are online calculators that will give you a MOA for the correction at 50 metres based on the distance between your scope rings. Usually about 90mm.

Then source a two piece 11 - 22 Picatinny rail with the calculated MOA height correction.

Your 1903 should have threaded holes in the 11mm dovetail for fixing the new rails.

I don't think there are any 11mm to 11mm risers with MOA correction so you will need new scope mounts?

If you are feeling flush with $$$'s you could buy some Burris XTR rings as these can be set up to also correct for windage.

If there is an easier way of doing this I would like to know?

#4 ·
Have you tried switching your mounts about, front to back? It could help, and any change it causes may be instructive.

Have you tried the scope and rings combination on any other rifles?

The 1903 is meant for iron sights, so I wouldn't have expected it to be d&t for bases. However there are 11mm rings available with 20-30min positive pitch, e.g. BKL.

#8 ·
I had the same issue with my 64 MPR. The POI was about 6" below the POA at 50 yards (with the reticle centered in the scope tube). I thought that there was an issue with the rail that I was using. I've tried two different rails and two different scopes and got the same result. I installed Burris Sig Zee rings with the bushings and was able to get my POI within a couple of inches of the POA.

#9 ·
EGW makes a 20 moa picatinny rail that clamps onto 11mm dove tails. It is advertised for CZ rifles but should work for your application. Less than $90 on Amazon. I use a similar UTG setup at 0 moa & the previously mentioned Burris Zee rings on my Match 54 and use it in 100-200 yard matches. If you go this route you may find you also want to add a cheek riser on your stock.

#10 ·
The EGW rail will fit but I prefer to have twin rails to keep the area clear above the receiver just so I can hook out the ‘occasional’ Anschutz case extraction failure.:)

Trying for some additional elevation adjustment on the scope reticle as Andyd has suggested sounds like a plan?

#12 · (Edited)
The EGW rail will fit but I prefer to have twin rails to keep the area clear above the receiver just so I can hook out the 'occasional' Anschutz case extraction failure.:)

Trying for some additional elevation adjustment on the scope reticle as Andyd has suggested sounds like a plan?
Older Svarowski, Zeiss and Hensoldt had limiters so that the elevation could only be turned for a 360 degree rotation. Only by loosening one of several screws and returning the upper adjustment ring, then tightening the screw again, can the whole range of elevation be used. The lower ring has a stud that acts as a limiter.

I doubt that the Pecar is a 37x scope but rather the regular 3-7x.

#15 ·
My older 1903 is not drilled and tapped so this was my solution for mounting a scope for 200yd. shooting. Scope is an older Bushnell 8-32X , the base rail is an M-Werkes 15MOA left hand rail and the rings are Burris Signature Zee rings using the 10 and 20 offset inserts - lots of adjustability available and by altering the ring inserts I am able to cover 50 to 200yds. If you are using a right hand rifle you have a greater choice in bases/rails but the Burris rings should overcome any difficulties you may have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.