Used Hatsan PCP - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2021, 04:29 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Used Hatsan PCP

A friend told me he had a .25 cal. Hatsan PCP that he wanted to sell, all his others are .22 cal. this one just wasn't getting shot. I met him at the range today and looked it over, shot it a bit, bug holes at 25 yards, comes with a Hawke scope that sells for $239 on Pyramid Air, a Magpul Bipod, three pellet cartridges and all the factory Hatsan material including the hard case.

Asked him what he wanted for it (frankly I wasn't nuts about it being a .25 cal) and he said make me an offer, I replied nope, give me a price....

$350....well heck I can live with a .25 cal. Now the hard part, what to do about getting air to this thing, he has a Air Venturi Nomad ($699), with what I'm saving on the rifle that's not too bad.

Any of you have any experience with the cheaper models on Amazon or elsewhere?
Old 04-12-2021, 05:57 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Met my friend at the range to finish paying for the rifle and while there decided to try on a 1 1/2" spinner at 50 yards, per his come ups 25 to 50 yards needed 2 MOA, cranked that in and went 9 for 9 on the spinner. Dang this thing shoots and the 25gr .25 caliber pellets give the spinner real twirl.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:13 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice rifle, and no shortage of pellets!

Did you decide on tank vs. pump rig?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2021, 09:04 AM
sicumj
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The 25 cal are real hammers. Air tanks are a cheap way to go but I prefer a compressor. My pcp’s shoot right with my rimfire rifles out to 50 yards.

You got it at a great price.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:23 AM
Rimfiregal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We've gone down the road for filling our PCPs - pumps, scuba tanks and now a compressor. The compressor has really allowed us to expand our PCP shooting, no doubt about it. It's a big step, though. Given how much we shoot, it's been worth it for us.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
I've got a Compressor ordered, should be here tomorrow, I'd also like to pick up a tank for away from the house. The Compressor will run off a battery as well but I think that wouldn't be too handy.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Nice rifle, and no shortage of pellets!

Did you decide on tank vs. pump rig?
Lol haven't looked into pellets lately have you? Besides .177, JSB pellets are hard to find.

Alot of guys use Yong Heng compressors. Depends how much you want to get into the hobby. Direct fill to gun only on those.

Hatsans are heavy guns but they do have LW style barrels and make them quite accurate for the money! Hard to beat shooting a PCP!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:21 AM
alum572

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
Nice buy. I haven't sprung for a PCP yet but keep us posted. Sounds like an accurate air rifle. The air thing has always kept me away. I'd like a tank to start. Need to do more research. BTW, your purchases provide a vicarious experience for me. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:45 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Pyramid Air has some .25's in stock but I've got 700 of the JSB Match Diabolo Exact King 25.39 gr on hand, ordered a couple of others to try, they were on back order but expected within two weeks. 25'S are not as plentiful as .17/.22's
Old 04-12-2021, 12:07 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairyboy View Post
Lol haven't looked into pellets lately have you? Besides .177, JSB pellets are hard to find.
I checked before I posted because I had not even heard of .25 before. There were plenty available from different sources, even Amazon.

My local WalMart and Ace hardware all have plenty of .177 (which is all I've needed) and .22..
Old 04-12-2021, 12:34 PM
LtCrunch
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Congratulations Gerald, good looking rig and a sweet price to boot!

I'm still using a SCUBA tank with my Marauder and refilling twice a yearish ($9/fill at the local dive shop) but I can see where having your own compressor would be might nice. What did you decide on a filter?

Frank
Old 04-12-2021, 02:05 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
The Compressor has a built in system as I understand it, its oil less and waterless, just have to see when it gets here tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:21 PM
Dairyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pellet availability and quality pellet availability is different. Plenty of Crosman premier pellets available at Ace and Walmart here also but there ok at best and comparable to bulk .22lr ammo.

At Pyramyd Air there's 47 different types of JSB pellets and only 7 are actually in stock and all are .177. And lately PA in stock dates are a joke at best anymore. Could get lucky but they've been pushing them back an awful lot on the past year every week or so.

There's a definite shortage on JSB pellets. Predator International is the importer of JSB pellets and show pics of truckloads shipping out that get sold out in a few days. The ammo scare has come to the airgun world also. Again to the quality ammo more so than the cheap Crosman ammo.

PCP is my main hobby with Rimfire taking a definite second. So while yes there is available ammo alot of the available ammo won't shoot great. Good thing is pre-order is available and no limits. All I'm saying is definitely pre-order ahead of time while you still can.
Old 04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
PigButtons
US Air Force Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Great deal you got there, and a nice rifle. 25's will anchor small pests with unbelievable haste. I look forward to hearing about your pump satisfaction.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:40 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Compressor arrived yesterday, manual is a bit shy on information, otherwise looks good and has all the kit necessary other than a probe to fit my rifle, that's on order from Pyramid Air.