$$$$ - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:44 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

Why do you guys keep trying to justify what we do to this clown? He's arrogant and his was is the only way. Just like all liberal attitudes. He's a blow hard, nothing more. All mouth. But he shot a Garand once like a big boy. Even came in third. Probably only three shooters.

Last edited by John45; 04-14-2021 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:52 PM
B17flyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So now we have devolved in to name calling. You must be so proud of yourself. 🙄
Old 04-13-2021, 05:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Here's a book for you, may help

.https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Frien.../dp/0671027034
Old 04-13-2021, 09:46 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B17flyboy View Post
So now we have devolved in to name calling. You must be so proud of yourself. 🙄
Sir, look at the title of post #76.....that title is perfectly correct. "You just don't get it"

Well and truly there have been several people post in this argument with you that have forgotten more about actual, serious sanctioned RFBR shooting than your posts indicate you know now. Several I know personally and one of them came way out of his normal character as to his usual posting style. He is normally very diplomatic.

It is blatantly obvious you have no idea what it takes to shoot RFBR at a high level of competition. I am sorry you don't understand this, and I am also sorry there seems to be something that doesn't allow you to understand. Be that the case though, your continued condemnation of something you apparently know nothing about is going to result in people who do know, and love their game, defending their cause from someone who slanders it with no clue what it takes to be successful at it.

You were asked why you posted here, on a benchrest sub-forum, and you said to stimulate conversation. Well, you have certainly done that! Fact of the matter is, you brought a knife to a gun fight. There are several who post here that ACTUALLY shoot RFBR at a VERY HIGH LEVEL of competition, sanctioned ARA, PSL, and IR50/50. They know so much about it that when someone who 'thinks' they know and doesn't, you, then posts on a benchrest forum it results in discontent. Your uneducated opinions has fueled the push back you have received here. Nothing more, nothing less. You fall into the category of 'you don't know what you don't know' in the conversation you wished to happen and have partaken in with determination, with no knowledge of what your talking about. I am not being disrespectful to you in any way, I am merely stating a fact coming from the knowledge I have shooting an average of over 200 sanctioned targets a year in the above mentioned sanctioning bodies. Yes, it takes all the things you say it doesn't take. Trust me, I really do it. Have you?

Scott

Last edited by doclu60; 04-13-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
Sir, look at the title of post #76.....that title is perfectly correct. "You just don't get it"

Well and truly there have been several people post in this argument with you that have forgotten more about actual, serious sanctioned RFBR shooting than your posts indicate you know now. Several I know personally and one of them came way out of his normal character as to his usual posting style. He is normally very diplomatic.

It is blatantly obvious you have no idea what it takes to shoot RFBR at a high level of competition. I am sorry you don't understand this, and I am also sorry there seems to be something that doesn't allow you to understand. Be that the case though, your continued condemnation of something you apparently know nothing about is going to result in people who do know, and love their game, defending their cause from someone who slanders it with no clue what it takes to be successful at it.

You were asked why you posted here, on a benchrest sub-forum, and you said to stimulate conversation. Well, you have certainly done that! Fact of the matter is, you brought a knife to a gun fight. There are several who post here that ACTUALLY shoot RFBR at a VERY HIGH LEVEL of competition, sanctioned ARA, PSL, and IR50/50. They know so much about it that when someone who 'thinks' they know and doesn't, you, then posts on a benchrest forum it results in discontent. Your uneducated opinions has fueled the push back you have received here. Nothing more, nothing less. You fall into the category of 'you don't know what you don't know' in the conversation you wished to happen and have partaken in with determination, with no knowledge of what your talking about. I am not being disrespectful to you in any way, I am merely stating a fact coming from the knowledge I have shooting an average of over 200 sanctioned targets a year in the above mentioned sanctioning bodies. Yes, it takes all the things you say it doesn't take. Trust me, I really do it. Have you?

Scott
Scott, You must be bored. looking at his posting name and mentioning Garand should give you an indication of the person you are dealing with. nothing you say will convince him that RFBR has it's own unique skill level to be successful.

Lee
Old 04-14-2021, 06:36 PM
doclu60
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Lee.
I understand your post, and don't totally disagree with it. It was not an exercise of boredom or trying to convince him of anything. It was more of me voicing my opinion based on what experience I have gained over the last several years, as opposed to hearing a never ending opinion from someone that apparently doesn't have any experience to validate theirs. I did understand what his user name implies.

See you in October my friend,
Scott
Old 04-14-2021, 08:06 PM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
Lee.
I understand your post, and don't totally disagree with it. It was not an exercise of boredom or trying to convince him of anything. It was more of me voicing my opinion based on what experience I have gained over the last several years, as opposed to hearing a never ending opinion from someone that apparently doesn't have any experience to validate theirs. I did understand what his user name implies.

See you in October my friend,
Scott
Scott, I had a similar thing happen at our last match. didn't want to hear why you can't count on predominant conditions, I just walked away.

I am looking forward on shooting with you. got my 2nd shot today so I should be good.

Lee
Old 04-14-2021, 09:37 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosam View Post
You're out of your mind ! Taylormade rules the golf club market has for probably 10 years or more. No Callaway is not at the head of the scientific club when it comes to making golf clubs. I've played golf for over 20 years and they are nothing alike. I can buy any club spec to any pro settings I want , doesn't mean I'll play just like tiger does. Shooting equipment no 2 are alike in any aspect, barrels, bullets, stocks they are all different and who ever obtains better equipment will most likely win. The only time skill is envolved is shooting outdoors. No golf and shooting can't even be compared they are 2 different worlds
taylormade may be the best selling, they just last year invested in a super computer, they at the earliest 1 to 2 years behind callaway. taylormade isn't using graphene as of late last in their products. science matters, playing like a pro doesn't matter due to swing speed and smash factor, science does to the average golfer, there is a huge difference between accuracy in a lower vs higher lofted club.sorry sam golf and target shooting are alike, difference most shoot at, not actually target shoot, most golfers aim at. big difference marty
ps: sam the good golfers and target shooter luv folks like you, that's just the way it is. marty

Last edited by earnest; 04-14-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:56 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam, you couldn't do this with iron sights if your life was on the line let alone do it 68 times in a row. you have no idea what it takes to be really good at anything. marty
Old 04-14-2021, 10:04 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam, maybe 1 time your lucky, do it again maybe not so lucky. marty
Old 04-14-2021, 10:11 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam, day before.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:12 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
day before.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:13 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam, day before.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:16 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam and what do you do the day before the day before? well you go golfing. you as 99.1% of most folks have zero idea what it takes. for the most part the $$$ and time matters. marty
Old 04-14-2021, 11:27 PM
earnest

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
sam, my bet you could have been a contender given the chance. my bet you have last night pizza and mt dew for breakfast, play game on the puter, read comic books then visit sites on your puter, later off to work the whole while thinking, if only given a chance I could have been a contender. so it's day after day the same dull routine, if only someone had given sam a chance he could have been a contender. well tomorrow I'm chipping and putting in the morning and later off to the driving range. marty