Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your Annie

661K views 1K replies 510 participants last post by  Baernutz 
#1 ·
We had a picture thread going here for a while, that for whatever reason went away. I'd like to start another one - as you guys know, I like threads with lots of pictures..

Here's my current pride & joy.. a Signature series made in 1999 for the turn of the century...

and here's the same rifle in an Anschutz Bavarian style stock I got off ebay a few years back..

See less See more
#895 · (Edited)
In July 1999, Dean had the opportunity to purchase an Anschutz Exemplar from a pilot friend of Dean's who passed away in April 1999 shortly after retiring in IN. I told him it would be a gift from me [it was the second of several gun gifts from me].

It was purchased by the friend in 1987, so it's an older one.

I just realized, while going through the Anschutz threads reading Dean's posts, that it's one of Dean's guns I'm going to keep and not sell, because it was a gift from me.

I wished I had enough money to keep all of Dean's guns and not sell the majority of them [when the time comes] or any of them, since they're a huge part of Dean.

Here's some photos of that gun, which becomes my gun [I rather have Dean alive and healthy instead and have it still be a gun he shoots]:

It has the Bo-Mar/Bond sights on it.

Marilyn

:F

#896 · (Edited)
My Annie's

Got a 164M Sporter back in 1971 and recently had a yearning for another Annie 50 years later, so I found a nice 1712 for my belated birthday. Just got the Vortex 4-16 scope and Kelby rings on today and am itching to get out to the range. The 1712 weighs in at 8lb 13oz w/scope, a lot heavier than my 164. Both are great feeling guns!

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

Wood Air gun Shotgun Wind instrument Metal

Bicycle part Office supplies Wood Air gun Carbon

Metal Wood Pattern Event Jewellery

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Automotive exterior

#900 ·
Not all safe queens

Thanks for showing the early Match 54, saw a lot of those when I first started smallbore- straight trigger, flat bolt, single extractor. The older guys were switching from the 52s to these in prone or International configuration with the DST. Looks like a pre-barrel date stamp rifle- care to tell us the serial number?

#903 ·
Thanks for showing the early Match 54, saw a lot of those when I first started smallbore- straight trigger, flat bolt, single extractor. The older guys were switching from the 52s to these in prone or International configuration with the DST. Looks like a pre-barrel date stamp rifle- care to tell us the serial number?
Very interesting first hand insight, you always read about the 54 being the competition for the 52,but the Winchester guys make it sound as if the 52 was far superior B,C,D,and E.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

#902 ·
This one is actually a 68 in an older stock, it came from a now closed armory who got a big lot of them from Israel,I should have borrowed some money and bought more, they were mostly in pretty rough shape, but they were cheap, and when I tell you that they were stacked on a pallet with nothing between layers, I am not kidding!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

#904 ·
Ergonomics, market

There is no question the 52 barrels (and 40X) were very good but Winchester never responded to the International/ISU community with a turnkey product. The introduction of the 1413 class was a revelation to US shooters. Custom makers like Dunlap and Guynemyer (sp?), Freeland and Fajen offered stock alternatives and accuracy products for the US market, but the 52E International and the 40X equivalent (strong Dunlap influence for both) were almost an afterthought as Anschutz had really captured the Market. Never underestimate the influence of the success of US shooters like Anderson and ****** in World competition with Anschutz rifles. Major US makers decided the cost of competing in this limited marketplace was prohibitive and this cost margin per unit philosophy began the cheapening of traditional rifle making with more stampings and plastic/alternative materials. Note also the withdrawal of US manufactures in the precision .22 LR ammunition market, essentially capitulating the field to RWS, Eley and eventually Lapua.

#912 · (Edited)
Merlin,
Well it has been only one range trip yet and I have to say I am impressed. Though much smaller than my 54.30, the rifle handles great. I used a FTR bipod as a front rest. The action is short and very well built, much stronger in my opinions than the 64 were ( but not as beefy than the 54 action which, for me remains the best Anschutz does). The rifle is certainly accurate. I shot 50 rounds of center X and 50 rounds of Midas + and I did some very nice groups. Still getting used to the rifle though and still lots of ammo testing to do ( Eley, RWS ).
Gilbert