Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Show me your 54 Sporters

187K views 443 replies 150 participants last post by  refuze2falo 
#1 ·
I miss the one I traded off to my dad and I need a fix. I'm hoping I can find an older pristine one in Tulsa in April but I need a hold over.

#328 ·
Thanks guys. I shot the one that now has a peep sight on it today and it printed a little low at 25 yards, with little elevation left on the open sights. I put the peep sights on and will see it help with being spot on.
I shot at 25 yards off hand and just need plenty of more practice. I shot pistol mostly in the last years and have to work more seriously on rifle skills again. Interestingly, the groups I got with the 1710 St with the open sights are not bigger than the groups that I got with the 1407 Match with its tricked out sights. Rather a tad smaller, maybe it is because of my love for the 54 sporters:).

#329 ·
Stutzen !

Dear Sir,

a very nice pair of rifles, something special with the Bavarian stock style but ... I like your collection of Anschutz Stutzen rifles the most. Till now I have not found one overhere in "the old world" but I am still searching ;)

Best regards from Johannis.

#330 ·
Johannis,

thanks for the kind words. The Stutzen are out there but the prices are sky rocketing for nice examples. Here is a pristine 1433, it is in excellent condition. While not a rimfire but the .22 Hornet version, I cannot help but have to post it.

#333 ·
Hey Larry,

glad to know that you have finally gotten one of these great rimfire rifles. They will complement and complete your collection. I am shooting my rifles a lot with iron sights offhand at 25 yards lately and am doing as well as with a scope, or the ACOG.

#351 ·
Some consider the Savage Anschutz 54 to be a desirable version. I would look it over good and check for damage, excessive wear, and proper function. Then I would shoot the heck out of it with some quality ammo to see if it meets your accuracy expectations (accuracy is a big thing to me, but not necessarily to everyone else).

Then I would research the value of the gun and make my decision.

James

#361 ·
I'll have to get @Patriot_MD to take a picture of my 54 this Sunday at the silhouette match...his camera is magic. Teehee.

Until then, here's one I took in the living room when I got it last month.
Nice 1712! I wish I still had access to smallbore silhouette matches (within reasonable driving distance). All they have here locally is cowboy silhouette matches. I'm sure they're fun. I even have a couple rifles that would work nicely but it's not the kind of silhouette shooting I want to do