New to group, new CZ 16" suppressed - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Casca
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to group, new CZ 16" suppressed

Hi all, new to the group. Recently got a 452 American 16" (last Friday) and am really enjoying it. Put a SWR Spectre on it and it's very quiet with Winchester 40X subs.

Went to the local gun store looking for this model, and strangely they had it! Didn't really expect them to, but there it was.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:51 PM
3kids1gun
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Welcome aboard, I have been trying to locate a 452 16inch barrel for some time with no luck. One will appear when I least expect it and I wil buy it. If I get real antsy I'll have my gunshop order me one in.

Nice pictures and fascinating as I have been thinking about buying a sound suppressor for six months. I am lucky enough to live in a state where it is legal and where we have plenty of prairie dogs for targets. We usually start in on the rats around the middle of May and I have a new 243 I want to try out first. With a 55 grain bullet the reloading charts tell me I will be able to approach 204 Ruger velocities.

Anyway I suspect you are going to enjoy the website, there are plenty of people as addicted to firearms as me and they are a pretty helpful bunch. One thing you may want to take a look at is the poor mans trigger job featured in the top part of your screen when you click into the CZ Forum. It works very well.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Casca

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the welcome -

Went ahead and ordered a yodave kit and I'm looking forward to installing it when it arrives. Having said that, the trigger is surprisingly good with just a little creep right out of the box.

I'm very, very happy with this rifle - seems to be an excellent value for the dollar, and I really feel that I got more than I paid for. Wish I could say that about everything I've bought!

On the suppressor, they're not hard to get at all. Basically start a trust, get your dealer to fill out the form 4 and mail it in, and wait a few months. Give Bryon at http://www.major-malfunction.com/ a call and he'll fix you up with the whole thing, he'll even form a trust specific to your state for you (at no cost) and mail the suppressor to your in state dealer. Bryon is without a doubt one of the finest dealers in the business.

Last edited by Casca; 04-19-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 AM
HotRod9mm
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Very NICE! And WELCOME to the forum. I picked up one of the 16" when they
first came out. Took it to a friends place to whack a few prairie dogs on the
horse ranch. The friend was REAL nervous because of the horses and said the
prairie dogs all hide for about 2hrs when the first shot is fired. When I fired the
first rd whacking a dog at about 60yrds with the OBII and the prairie dogs all
just milled around like nothing happened. After watching the first 5-6 get
eradicated we were laughing so hard we could hardly see through the scope.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:08 AM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Casca, to RFC!

That's a nice looking setup, and I really am getting an itch to get me a 'can and take off the earmuffs!

The trigger kit is a good idea, but I would shoot at least 500 rounds before installing it. If the trigger is very good, after the break in period, it might be perfect. But even not, I'd put some wear on the trigger parts before adding any new components.

How's the group size looking with that ammo?

Welxome to the CZitus non-recovery group. We have a three-step program. 1) Buy a new CZ. 2) Shoot new CZ and tell us about it. 3) Go to step 1).
Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Casca

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hotrod, yep, the OBII is a great can and very quiet. It's really cool to hear the striker "click" and hear the bullet in flight wizzing to the target. No prarie dogs here in W Tennessee, but the rifle has proved to be a terror with field mice in the farmers field next door! They just don't stand a chance. BTW, the 20 to 28 adapter came from rimfire tech (is that your shop?)

Timberbeast, haven't shot for groups yet with the super X but I'll let you know sometime next week. I suspect they'll be OK but not match. Could be a suprise though, never know.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:55 PM
HotRod9mm
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casca View Post
............adapter came from rimfire tech (is that your shop?)......
No, it belongs to Skeeter27Red here on the forum. He is nice enough to let me use some of the web space.