Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-18-2021, 03:47 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Check out Eric from Varminter.com 17wsm videos on the explosive expansion of the 15 gr. bullets
That is one of my favorite videos ever! It literally looks like a sage rat swallowed a grenade.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:52 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blood thirsty bunch, I like that.
Old 07-18-2021, 04:04 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
That is one of my favorite videos ever! It literally looks like a sage rat swallowed a grenade.
Yazzer' sho do. I'm betting it won't do much for our meddling size Ground Hogs either.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:28 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Yeah on that! I watched that video again and greatly enjoyed it. The jump to youtube is a plus.

I have not seen the 15gr ammo for sale here in backwater SE Iowa but the 20gr exceeds my needs. From what I understand, the 15 gr will not group so good in my old first offering of Savage 1/9 twist barrel, anyhow.

I don't regret my purchase of the first offered model BMAG because I am beside myself with the results after some homie upgrades.

My first hunting shot at a somewhat long distance tree squirrel was stunning to me. The squirrel was peeled off a limb at about distance of 200 yards. After collecting the squirrel I was amazed of the damage of the squirrel's head and the distance of the shot. It was almost a life changing event, LOL!
Old 07-19-2021, 04:59 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
My first (which was a HB Stainless) just didn't do anything for me, looks wise, accuracy wise, handling wise, got a Savage 25 in .17 Hornet and it was gone the next day. The Savage 25 went the same way when I got my CZ 527 Varmint in .17 Hornet, hundred yard groups where cut in half, bye bye Savage...sold to my hunting partner. This Bmag while visually identical to the first showed good potential out of the box with the 15 gr. load, stock bugged me to no end hence the Boyds stock, after my Gunsmith bedded it well the photo tells the tale. Just wish for a non-rainy (its been incredibly wet the last few weeks and miserable hot when not raining so I can see if the accuracy holds for me. Planning on a 200 yard zero which should make any Ground Hog I can likely see around here a point and shoot target.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:12 AM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The first time I landed a headshot on a ground hog with the 20g .17 BMAG at just more than 200 yards was quite amazing. It dropped like a sandbag. Almost none rimfire like.

The only thing I'd like to do is get a can for it. The little .17WSM sure packs a loud bark. I have missed several opportunities slipping hearing protection on.
Old 07-19-2021, 12:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
The first time I landed a headshot on a ground hog with the 20g .17 BMAG at just more than 200 yards was quite amazing. It dropped like a sandbag. Almost none rimfire like.

The only thing I'd like to do is get a can for it. The little .17WSM sure packs a loud bark. I have missed several opportunities slipping hearing protection on.
I shoot mine suppressed 100% of the time and a good can, easily, puts them in to the hearing safe with no ear protection range. These things with a can just makes them that much more enjoyable to shoot.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:19 PM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
I shoot mine suppressed 100% of the time and a good can, easily, puts them in to the hearing safe with no ear protection range. These things with a can just makes them that much more enjoyable to shoot.
What can are you using, I have a Dead Air Mask HD coming that's rated for up to a FN 5.7, I suspicion it would work since it's not a rapid fire firearm.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:46 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
What can are you using, I have a Dead Air Mask HD coming that's rated for up to a FN 5.7, I suspicion it would work since it's not a rapid fire firearm.
If you're waiting on the stamp for a DA Mask you Sir made a VERY wise purchase because I would put that particular can, easily, in the top three best rimfire cans you can get. The DA Mask is not only rated for the FN five seven but if you have a 17 or 22 Hornet it will work on those as well.

My rimfire and centerfire cans are all TBAC or SAS but my pistol can is a DA Ghost and DA makes a top notch product. Dead Air's logo is pretty fricken cool looking too.

I have a Silencer Central Banish 22 suppressor I'm waiting for the stamp to get approved. I know how good the TBAC Take down and DA Mask are and per Silencer Central their Banish 22 is supposed to equal those other two but as they say, proof is in the pudding, so only time will tell if their claims are true.

The DA Mask is one of the best cans you could have got for your 17 WSM and I'm willing to bet once you screw it on the end and start shooting your Bmag with it the only time it will come off is when you screw it on something else.

Suppressors are kind of like potato chips, you can't just have one so prepare to purchase others.
Old 07-19-2021, 04:55 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Suppressors are kind of like potato chips, you can't just have one so prepare to purchase others.
Super. Thanks for the budget warning.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Just kind of how it goes with this stuff. It's no different with optics, get used to using a high end optic and you're screwed from ever using anything else. Triggers are the same too, get used to using a good aftermarket trigger like a Jewell where it breaks like glass then go and shoot a factory gun right out of the box and it feels like you're dragging something across a gravel road.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:14 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Oh I'm well infected with Suppressoritis, have two now (.22 and 9mm) and three waiting on Stamps which should be coming out soon, (DA Mask HD, Griffin .45 Revolution, DA Nomad 30) Mine are on a Trust so it takes a bit longer.
Old 07-20-2021, 06:15 AM
gmd1950

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
I've spent over $2000 on suppressors and $1000 on Stamps, but it's all good.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:41 AM
Old Hickory

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Blood thirsty bunch, I like that.
Yeah on that!

I'm anxious to hear a kill report from gmd1950.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:46 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
Yeah on that!

I'm anxious to hear a kill report from gmd1950.
Poor Gerald, so many guns, so little time.