Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rimfire pistol pic thread

617K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Bear-of-Grayling 
#1 ·
Let's see your .22 pistols.......I'll get the ball rolling.

Top: Clark custom ported barrel Ruger MKI w/Fitz grips,Volquartsen sear,hammer,& trigger

Mid: Pac-Lite barreled Ruger MKII w/ Hogue grips

Btm: S&W Mdl. 41
:comeandge

See less See more
#77 ·
M2HB,

The Steyr free pistol is a single shot .22lr, designed for the ISU slow fire event. I don't know if you're familiar with free pistols. . . "free" because almost no restrictions: triggers are super light, sight radius is long, grips are unrestricted as long as they don't extend past the wrist. Hammerli, TOZ, and Morini are the major players. Steyr made this model for a couple years and abandoned it. It's a drop block action, trigger is adjustable every way you can think of, and it has a rod for counterweights above the barrel. The grips are laminated wood. You won't see many of 'em.

Shoot 10's,
Bill

#83 ·
GR8GIFT said:
Hamden what lowers are you using for your marvels? Or are they just custom built? I know RRA sells a lower for $750 or so to use on 22 conversions.
The Ultradot Marvel is on a dedicated Les Baer made up by Toyota. The iron sight one is on my LB/Toyota hardball frame. I shoot the iron sights indoors winter with the 4# trigger. The dedicated frame has a 2-2.5# trigger. Both Marvel tops also fit just fine on frames of my wad gun (LB/Toyota) and GoldCup (1963 made)

$750 is about the cost of a bullseye lower like these. The complete UD-Marvel-LB frame came to $1331.

#94 · (Edited)
Normally I hold the barrel with one hand the the other hand on the grip. It's fun to shoot but sometimes the casings fail to make it out the small port. It's fun but you have to stop on occasion to clear casings. It hardly ever jams however. the firing pin free floats in the bolt and can cause dry fire also. I plan to add some grease to the firing pin to help reduce the firing pin from bouncing around. I have yet to try this but it should help. This gun likes hyper velosity ammo.

this gun kind of reminds me of a uzi, but it's only semi-auto. I think a Walther P22 is a more reliable performer. I have the Walther P22 in my sights as the next gun to purchase.

#95 · (Edited)
TexasGunMan said:
Normally I hold the barrel with one hand the the other hand on the grip. It's fun to shoot but sometimes the casings fail to make it out the small port. It's fun but you have to stop on occasion to clear casings. It hardly ever jams however. the firing pin free floats in the bolt and can cause dry fire also. I plan to add some grease to the firing pin to help it stay out for the hammer to hit. I heve yet to try this but it should help. This gun likes hyper velosity ammo.

this gun kind of reminds me of a uzi, but it's only semi-auto. I think a Walther P22 is a more reliable performer. I have the Walther P22 in my sights as the next gun to purchase.
I know why it's fun to shoot... it's illeagal to own in Canada :rolleyes: You're considering a P-22. I did for a little while then decided on the SIG Mosquito instead, Page 4 in this thread.

Enough Blab more Photos...

Here's my "New" Browning .22 Manufactured in 1967, absolutely mint!

#98 ·
Freedom Arms "Casull's Improvement" 22Mag

Hey, Salvo- what can you tell me about this one?

I'm familiar with the current NAA "Minis," but haven't seen this configuration before. I also know Dick Casull was the designer or involved in the design, but that's about it as far as my knowledge goes.

Any info you can give me about the version shown would be appreciated.

Thanks, -Uncle Howie

#101 ·
Uncle Howie said:
Freedom Arms "Casull's Improvement" 22Mag

Hey, Salvo- what can you tell me about this one?

I'm familiar with the current NAA "Minis," but haven't seen this configuration before. I also know Dick Casull was the designer or involved in the design, but that's about it as far as my knowledge goes.

Any info you can give me about the version shown would be appreciated.

Thanks, -Uncle Howie
Hi Uncle Howie, from what I have gathered the Freedom Arms Mini's stopped being made around 1989 and have become fairly collectable. I have had this one for quite a wile but have only took it out shooting once. Supprisingly good shooter for its size! I could probably be talked out of it for the right price;)