Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Iver Johnson Supershot Finish anomaly

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  swamphunter22 
#1 ·
Just picked up this 1932 9 shot version. Excellent mechanical condition, but with a strange looking finish. At first I thought it might be a bad refinish job. It shows no evidence of being redone, its just the frame appears to be a different metal that went plumb colored. Anyone seen another like it or opinions on what is going on. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i think its been exposed in a fire or some other reason to refinish - i had a 1934 H&R sportsman that was my fathers - bought new - went thru a house fire and refinished , all of the metal does not take the refinish the same , his turned out a bit plumb colored , its with my nephew now and still in use regularly , not all bad tho - the piece my father got new in a raffle in 1934 is still in action and works just fine ,

ive replaced it twice in my collection so im pleased its with family now ,

#6 ·
I am not a professional or knowing on blueing and metals, but I was told there is a difference in how different metals take blueing as to the final color they display. I've a older MRI Mountain Eagle built on a Sako action with a Krieger barrel that has a "plum" hue to the receiver. Is this the answer?

#8 ·
SUPERSHOT SEALED EIGHT

Does anyone know why no gunmaker makes a breaktop 22 these days? My 1936 Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight 8 shot is sleek, lightweight, and extremely accurate in SA with a 2 # trigger. The downside is it should only use standard velocity ammo and my DA trigger is horrendous 24# with no apparent way to improve it. I've adjusted the hammer spring. My gun was mated at some time with a 1932 trigger assembly. I think most people just don't realize the benefits of a top break action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.