Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Picked up a NAA Pug today

7K views 63 replies 19 participants last post by  toivo 
#1 ·
Hand Fluid Gesture Finger Nail

After mulling over the idea of the best lazy person frequent carry gun, I decided the Pug was the best fit for me.
Also I want it to be so subtle that my 7yo daughter won't wonder why I have a gun with me while doing family activities. I think the Pug will go unnoticed. She knows guns can kill, and they protect you when bad people want to hurt you. I dont want her or my 2yo son to think they may be in danger because I chose to have a gun on my person. This was my justification for this purchase. Plus I am constantly looking for reasons to buy another gun.
So I am looking for feedback from NAA firearms users, especially Pug owners.
Its a 22 mag. I am curious about ammo opinions, and pocket holsters or whatever y'all use and reccomend. I can do my own research, and have already to a point, but firsthand experience from folks goes a lot further than a retailers suggestion or companies opinions.
Thanks!

Ps. Sorry about the upside down pic!

See less See more
#53 ·
Thanks jackknife! Even the Earl carries good in a Simply Rugged iwb pancake holster. I shoot left, so the holster is left hand. I wear it iwb on my right hip butt forward. That way I can reach it either hand. Snub 38 or ruger LCP II .22 in left jeans pocket. The other ones carry well in a blue jean jacket while riding motorcycles. Easy to access. Yes the 22 magnum is wicked up close.

#56 ·
Hows the Earl shoot? Are the mags a little much for this little thing or not? I do not mean so much to handle safely, it is still just a 22 mag. But I have to kinda wander how hard the 22 mag is on the little bugger. Seems to be fairly stout. Well as far as a tiny little Revolver could be anyway.

#57 ·
The earl and the wasp are the ones I can shoot the best. The earl had to go back for a new barrel, as the original barrel had very little rifling. While there I had them change the cylinders to fluted as I like that look better. I was not charged for any of this. I mostly shoot magnums as they seem to be more accurate for me. These little guns handle magnums fine. Surprisingly the long rifle frame and the short are harder to control. They tend to want to jump out of my hand. The short being the worst for me. Maybe I should try cb shorts in that one.

#60 ·
picked it up last evening , its a well made little piece , im not certain on the durability of the color case harden finish - i think its applied to the standard NAA frame but it looks good and seems well done , machining is great on this little critter ,

sights are easy to see even if they are most likely worthless as the 1" barrel wont be all that useful for distance , i like the safety slots between the chambers that allows full load of five without carrying on an empty chamber ,

its about the same size grip and action as my 1890s vintage S&W mod 1 [that has longer barrel , a shorter 22short cylinder ] but side by side not a lot of difference ,

the rosewood grip scales are very nice , the desantis holster fits well , is well made and i think it will work just fine , the lockbox is for a much larger gun and will most likely be used by my wife for one of hers , or become a locking trunk storage item for those days i carry to a place that i cant carry in or in the motor home ,

overall im pleased with it , without yet shooting of course , and even if it becomes bling for my SASS gear i like it , im glad i finally just did it ,

#61 ·
There is a guy on youtube that shoots the little Earl out to 100 yds and actually does surprisingly well with it..Buy that is a 4 inch barrel too:)

I was looking at some neat little Holster on Ebay..But at over 50.00, I like em..But kinda pricey.. Like the type that have the pocket for the extra cylinder built in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.