Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Glock 44

34K views 192 replies 77 participants last post by  12Bravo 
#1 ·
See Glock is comming out with a full size .22.About same size as a g19.This will be all Glock.Not that gsg crap.Trying to find a price.

#2 ·
At first I was excited, then I saw the 10-round mags that are the same size as 15-round G19 mags. No big deal, I'm sure they'll come out with 15-round .22 mags in the future.

Then I saw the pencil barrel, and the threaded barrel conversion kit. Well, there goes ALL my interest in this gun, what a monumentally stupid decision by Glock. Yes, let's make it have a tiny pencil barrel so that anyone wanted to suppress this gun will have to screw an adapter onto the end just so they can screw a silencer on top of that.

Makes my Umarex-made Beretta 92 conversion look even better now, though it's aluminum instead of polymer/steel. Really sad, I'd love to have a Glock .22 to shoot alongside my 19.

#123 ·
Not monumentally stupid at all. They had only two options with regard to a rimfire striker. Either make the slide taller and move the striker up, or make the chamber lower and keep the striker where it is. The latter gave them the ability to match the outside dimensions of the G44 to the G19. The only way to lower the chamber was to move the entire barrel down in relation to the barrel hood, which required reducing the diameter to avoid contacting the RSA.

#83 ·
As far as I understand Glock wanted to make this very reliable. I believe they thought by adding more rounds will decrease the reliability. The way I understand it because of the rimfire ammunition stacking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
as a person that has several glocks i'm excited about it. Having a reliable 22 automatic that isn't a Mark I,II,III, or IV or a Medalist, or etc etc will be nice.

Having it fit holsters and accessories for the G19 is a plus. A 22 for new shooters that can transition into another glock centerfire handgun will great.

Personally, i was hoping the announcement would have been for a 10mm carbine but this will do.

I mean, we all need another couple of 22's right?

#9 ·
While Glock is behind the curve of the TX22 and the Keltec it will have a faithful following amongst the fans. Will be a good for inexpensive training. Too much hype before show time though.

#10 ·
Getting close to the 5000 round mark on one of my GSG pieces of crap and 2000 rounds on the other.

The G44 looks interesting but will wait for pricing and actual reviews.
Have to give props to the Glock marketing department for making the unveiling of a 22 pistol such a big event.

#11 ·
There are going to be a lot of haters about this as usual, but I am excited. I love Glocks and I love 22LR, so this is a great match. I do have a Glock / Advantage Arms combo which is great, but a fullly designed Glock is very interesting. Look forward to seeing the reviews as they get into circulation and hope they will expand the line to a full size to mirror the G17.

#16 ·
Glock is crazy like a fox. Tons of people are posting about this all over the place, so lots of free advertising, and Glock fans will buy one, and other that may not have considered it since it is being talked about so much.
Nearly all my 22 pistols hold ten so no biggie there. I now live in a free state so threads for a suppressor would be nice, and for those into that sort of thing capability to mount a red dot is almost mandatory these days.
Glock knows how to milk a cow- they will sell tons of them, then tons more higher capacity magazines when they market them, then a factory threaded model when that comes out, then optic ready 6-12 months later, with each revision having Glock fans scramble for the newest version.
Making a non threaded 10 shot version first was pretty smart, so it could be sold in all the states with magazine limits.

#18 ·
It has a hybrid steel-polymer slide, obviously the weight has to be decreased to work as a blowback pistol with .22 l.r. ammo.

The best Glock conversion that I have ever seen is the UHL, made in Syrgenstein - Landshausen, Germany. It has an extra gas chamber to boost recoil and reliability and is incredibly accurate. With the recoil booster it can have an all steel slide, it also comes with 15 round magazines. The downside is, that Made in Germany isn't cheap.

https://www.awm.wien/waffen/uhl-ws-22lfb-fuer-glock/

#20 ·
Although I have a Ruger 22/45 for my .22 pistol work, I think a Glock might be in my future. It would appear to mimic my G19, and I hear that they in time will have 15 round mags. Sounds like a great training aid to compliment my G19. Won't replace any .22's I currently have, but for $400'ish, I'm in!

#23 ·
Yawn...
Don't like it, don't hate it. Makes sense as a training aid if you own/carry a G19. Ugly like every other Glock, my Mark III is svelte, the Glock is, well, a Glock or "Block" if you prefer. I'm sure it'll be reliable and they'll sell a ton of them. The fanbois are going NUTS, of course.

BUT - only 10 rounds? Really? In that form factor, they could have stuffed at least a half a box of ammo in there...

#26 ·
I own and carry 3 different Glocks. I like Glocks. The 44 just doesn’t scream fun to me though. 22’s should be fun. If I’m packing a .22 the size of a 19, 10 rounds seems ridiculously boring. I don’t know... I don’t want to be a Debbie downer but if you are going to have a low round count like the Single Six Convertible, well at least you can shoot Mag out of it and shorts.

Torn.

#28 ·
I am excited to see they are willing to put their name on a .22 lr pistol. I suspect that there will be some bugs to work out as seems the case with most new guns. This is a complete departure from their normal centrefire line so I will wait a year or two before picking one up. The video posted on this thread looked promising though.

#30 ·
A Friend sent me a pre order from Bud’s for $369 after pre order the price goes to $379.

Advantage Arms make higher capacity mags for their Glock conversion kits. These mags extend below the grip and in my experience are not reliable. My standard 10 round AA mags and kits are about as reliable as a 22 LR rimfire pistol can be. Reliability is very ammo dependent, good ammo good reliability. Poor quality ammo equals malfunctions.

If the Glock 44 don’t sell well you might see the price drop. I have four AA Glock conversions where I have purchased frames for each. The cheapest you see for Glock AA kits is about $265 and your lucky to find a frame for about $100-$150.

At the $350 to $380 price point the Glock 44 will sell and probably hurt the sale of AA and Tactical Solution 22 conversion kits.

#32 ·
GSG Fireflys

I have 2 gsg fireflys and at first I had to smooth out a few rough edges. I now have thousands of rounds through them and they are the ones I take to the range the most. I also have the Ruger SR22 but I enjoy my GSG s more. I can hit much better with them, and almost never have any failures to feed or fire as long as I use HV ammo. I usually use Federal 36 g CPHP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.