#1 ·
Anyone got to shoot one yet?

Anyone around here I mean.

How was it?

-kBob

#94 ·
#96 ·
Back in stock at Sportsman Outdoor Superstore at $379
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers...e=042121&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=042121

Just ordered another one from Sportsmans Warehouse for $169. A $210 difference.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...rifle-393in-green-pistol-161-rounds/p/1620146

The green and the tan one pop in and out of stock, usually late at night or early in the morning.
Saw it in stock this morning around 4:30. Went through the checkout and said it wasn't in stock once I had entered all my info on. Bummed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#99 ·
Bought one of these Wednesday at a local shop at $225 plus tax. Got to shoot it today. Fired 150 rounds. About 5 failures to feed on a full magazine, hoping that will work itself out with more use. Also had three jams where the spent casing was sideways on top of the round in the magazine
When attempting to adjust the sight, discovered the elevation screw hole in the sight is stripped. Screw will wobble sideways.
After 4 hours on hold with Keltec I gave up. Said I was the 10th caller in line when I called. Is this normal for them? I'll try again tommorrow. Their recording said they did appreciate my patience though. lol

#108 ·
Read the Kel-Tec P17 manual again with my second P-17.

Use brass/copper plated ammo and not lead or it voids the warranty.

Also don't do anything besides field cleaning unless a gunsmith or they take it apart.

Has anyone sent theirs into Kel-Tec for warranty repair? Cleaning? Non-warranty work? Wondering what they have charged.

Luckily I haven't used lead in the first one. Any ideas why they put that in there?

Like the three magazines but only able to put in 12 rounds before the spring stiffened and didn't feel like forcing more. Can't recall this with my prior magazines. To the range tomorrow to try this one.

#109 ·
Read the Kel-Tec P17 manual again with my second P-17.

Use brass/copper plated ammo and not lead or it voids the warranty.

Also don't do anything besides field cleaning unless a gunsmith or they take it apart.

Has anyone sent theirs into Kel-Tec for warranty repair? Cleaning? Non-warranty work? Wondering what they have charged.

Luckily I haven't used lead in the first one. Any ideas why they put that in there?

Like the three magazines but only able to put in 12 rounds before the spring stiffened and didn't feel like forcing more. Can't recall this with my prior magazines. To the range tomorrow to try this one.
Read your manual again. It says not to use anything but brass cased ammunition, not brass plated. Mine loves Blazer and, believe it or not, Thunderbolts :eek::confused::eek:

I put a red dot on it and it shoots quite accurately. I also put the 5 round extenders on 2 of the magazines.

#112 ·
Shot my second P17 today.

The grip did not seem as small today. As if I wouldn't need a grip like I put on my first. Might try a bicycle tire grip???

The sights seemed right on with this one with no adjustment needed.

The magazine springs seemed much stiffer. Could only load 12 in each and one of the three had trouble with the first two or three chambering properly. That magazine wouldn't chamber well on the 1st nor 3rd. When I backed that down to just 10 rounds, there was no problem with the chambering. I'm a rookie and 136lb weakling so maybe I'll get better or the magazine springs weaker. This was not the case with my first three magazines though.

Great gun. Would buy more for half the price I paid for the first two. You lucky guys getting them around and under $200.

#113 ·
The magazines are indeed a bear to load at first. They do loosen up if you leave them loaded between range trips. One trick is to push down on the rear of the last round loaded eith your thumb to make loading the next round a tad easier. If you check Amazon, you can find mag loaders that will help if all else fails. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.