Kel Tec P17 ???

27K views 114 replies 39 participants last post by  jonnyc 
#1 ·
Anyone got to shoot one yet?

Anyone around here I mean.

How was it?

-kBob

#34 ·
Tried 3 LGS today and only one had one Kel-Tec pistol. It wasn't the P17.

22plinkster recently reviewed it. Liked it and bought two.

It seems like it could be a while before we are lucky enough to find one on-line or in a LGS. Maybe we could offer educated guesses as to who will have them first again?

#39 ·
Sold one of my 8 to a gun deaaler friend who showed up at a shoot late & was the last to register & the rangemaster ask if he was really going use "that thing" My friend said that's all he brought, had never shot it & took 1st in non optic & second in open class the 1st time he shot it. I sold another friend 2 & 2 friends 1 ea so I'm down to 3 & keeping them. I found them cheap when no one else had them.

#41 ·
In stock at Uncle Lee's

Uncle Lee's aka Bud's Guns has the OD green one in stock today for $221 I believe. I've been wanting one but I found one of my short list guns and didn't want to make that big a dent in my checking account today purchasing both.

#46 ·
Maybe it's because of it's unavailability,,,

Maybe it's because of it's unavailability,,,
But I want one of these little shooters very badly.

I'm on Buds "notify me" list,,,
So if they ever get any,,,
I'll dive right on it.

Actually I want one as a gift for a college graduation present,,,
I've been teaching a young lady to shoot for a while,,,
She's becoming quite competent with my SR-22.

I'm a patient man,,,
But it's wearing on me a bit. :rolleyes:

Aarond

#47 ·
I picked mine up today and shot 3 mags through it. I like it. I like the light weight and it feels good in my hand. I found it surprisingly low on recoil. My wife doesn't like guns that have recoil and she likes shooting the P17. Very easy to rack the slide. The mags aren't hard to load but pinch my thumb. The mag loader I got from eBay fixes that.

It was worth waiting for.

#48 ·
I mentioned to my LGS a few months ago that I would take a P17 they got when they finally get one. They said Kel Tecs are difficult in general and seem to come in cycles. They sent me an email yesterday that they had just gotten one, and I bought it 45 minutes later. Now it's in waiting period purgatory. Photo below.

Attachments

#50 ·
From what I'm picking up on some other forums, this might be the "up" cycle on Kel Tec where pistols are being shipped. Some others are reporting getting them, or seeing them in gun shops. Many of them appear to be the Desert Tan like mine. I actually didn't care what color showed up, although the green is kinda ugly, IMHO.

#51 ·
I want one very badly,,,

I want one very badly,,,
But I'll hang in there and wait for a black one.

I don't mind owning colored pistols,,,
I have a lilac Ruger and a Raspberry Ruger,,,
I just can't warm up to the green or tan colored versions.

There's no accounting for personal tastes is there? :eek:

Aarond

#53 ·
Buds has some Green ones as of 09 Nov 20,,,

Buds has some Green ones as of 09 Nov 20,,,
But the asking price is $299.99 now.

Still not too bad of a price seeing as how it comes with three mags,,,
But it's a 50% increase over their old price of $199.99.

I'll wait for a black one
And hope the price comes back a bit closer to normal.

Aarond

#60 ·
Dang. I broke down and bought a dark green one at GunBuyers for the cost of a TX22, which I do have. The only justification that I could think of is that I paid that much for my TX22 last spring.

It might be at my FFL this Tuesday. Hope I'm as happy with it as my TX22.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.