Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Korth Sport .22 Half Lug 1969 b

7K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Andyd 
#1 ·
There just has to be someone here who can tell me more about this gun.

For some reason since I first saw a Korth I've always wanted one. Probably would get a new one if they currently made one in 22. I just find myself using 22s much more often and a 357 just wouldn't get used as often.

Anyway what are your thoughts on this particular version of a Korth Revolver?

#8 ·
I just found this post and can give you a little info on the 1969 Korths.
This is a whole lot more than I thought I would ever be able to get. It doesn't seem that there is a lot information out there, or at least I have yet to find it.

Given the little I know about Korth and going strictly off of reputation I decided to take a leap of faith and go ahead and purchase one. I have just two other older guns but this seemed like one which was worth buying. By the sounds of it I won't be disappointed.

Thank you,

Dan

#13 ·
Korth 1969 .22 LR/.22 Mag

Good to see such interesting information. I just came across a 1969 Korth Sport with
Both .22 LR AND Mag cylinders.

Any information on number made?

User manual?

Performance Comparison with similar pistols?

Would love to hear from the crew.

John Brewer
117 Korth Sports in .22 Mag were made in 1969, all with 6 inch barrels but the number of guns with conversion cylinders is unknown.

As to the refinishing of a Korth revolver on this side of the Atlantic, and especially in Canada, it going to be very hard to find somebody to be able to match the factory finish. As I stated before, Korth's employees in Ratzeburg were certified master gunsmiths and used sandpaper, not polishing wheels. The bluing was outsourced to a company in Hamburg-Bergedorf.
Maybe the current Korth importer, Nighthawk, has somebody trained in the new Korth factory in Lollar, that would be where I would start if I were you.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.