April 2021 CZ/BRNO Scoped 25 Yard Rimfire Central Online Benchrest Match - Page 5 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old Today, 05:30 PM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

That same kind of improvement on the next target and you will have become a shooting machine. Just an observation, but I'll bet you have already noticed.... there seem to be a lot of "just misses" to the right.
Old Today, 06:59 PM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (124)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
That same kind of improvement on the next target and you will have become a shooting machine. Just an observation, but I'll bet you have already noticed.... there seem to be a lot of "just misses" to the right.
Shooting machine: Doable. Hitting the 10 ring all of the time: Doubtful.....

I actually enjoyed trying to hold off for the wind rather than turning the knobs; just didn't always guess correctly. The crosshairs on this scope are much thicker than the little Clearidge so I may go back to that. It was just fun shooting a target again regardless of the score.

Thank you for doing this again this year.......

Hank
Old Today, 07:01 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hank, In that kind of wind, there's no way I could shoot 245. You may be a more of a Hunter than a target shooter because being able to adjust to your conditions is really what makes a good hunter. Congrats on the new Jaguar too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastprime View Post
First target of the season and better than I expected but plenty of room to improve.

I plan to shoot my Jaguar this summer in both matches. I have a lot going on and need to simplify things. I use BKL rings so it's easy to slide a scope off and on. Had to hang the target sideways to get enough wire to support it. Wind was starting to gust and rain was coming so I shot fairly fast. Did the target in 14 minutes. Probably why I did this well. No time to think......

04/14/2021
245-3X
Hank Smith (Pastprime)
CZ 457 Jaguar, Vortex Crossfire II [email protected], Eley Target
Caldwell Rock front, Bald Eagle bag rear.
Temp 78 F, Cloudy, 10-12 mph with gust to 17 mph

Hank
Old Today, 07:21 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
On the previous target, He was off to the left 20 out of 25. 1/4" is sometimes too much correction in this game. I really believe that scopes with 1/8" adjustments give you a significant advantage in this Match. I had always used scopes with 1/4" adjustments before, but when I bought one for this Match, I intentionally made sure to get one with 1/8" adjustments. That particular Bushnell Elite scope is a wonder.

Bushnell still is making some useful stuff. But they keep switching things around and it is hard to keep up with what is really good and what is just Chinese. Although even some of the Chinese made scopes are getting competitive. I just don't feel good about supporting Communist Regimes. (Not a political comment, but a moral one for sure.)