Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Norinco PSO1 pistol??

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  mmsb27 
#1 ·
A local store has a Norinco .22 pistol called a PSO1. It's a target sight, long barrel (6.5"?) pistol and the action/slide looks like a older Beretta. Anyone ever heard of it? Are they any good? Price range? Also it only has one mag so anybody know where I could get another? Thanks.

#2 ·
Hi,

I think what you're looking at is the Norinco copy (aren't they all) of the old Walther Olympia .22 target pistol. Walther made the Olympia in the 30's for their Olympic team. It was the Hammerli of it's day.

The Norincos were inported in the late 80's early 90's (they me still be imported, but I haven't seen one in quite a while). As to function/quality-I don't know I've never owned a Chinese gun. Got too scared by some Chinese tools I had that disintegrated in my hands. Price used will probably be around $100-$150 dollars, as I seem to remember them selling for around $250 new.

Hope this helps.

#3 ·
Well, I ended up buying it, so we'll see how it is. From my description I guess it did sound like an Olympia. I wish I could post a picture but I don't have the equipment. This gun reminds me of a '50s Beretta in some ways. It has a long barrel (I'd guess about 6", too lazy to measure) and very high target sights. It also has a external hammer and the safety is just above the left grip (both remind me of a Tokorev). Anyway, I have heard that maybe this gun is something available in Canada so maybe I can get one from there. We'll see how it shoots.

#4 ·
Well, I know this is a very old thread but I found out more info on my pistol. Apparently it is a copy of the Russian Margolin target pistol. The site I found says there were 250 imported into the US. I'll have to take a picture and show what it looks like.

#8 ·
Margolin

Gunner,
I just acquired the Russian model of that gun and if you look back in this thread under Margolin and you will see a picture of Jack404's Margolin which is similar to yours. We decided that it was the Model MCM if that is any help. You can see several examples at SimpsonLTD.com.

Wayne38

#10 ·
That is what most people think it is when I tell them "chinese target pistol", but it is completely different. Mine is a copy of the Russian Margolin whereas that is a copy of the Walther TT Olympic. Also a interesting gun, I almost bought one the other day.

#11 ·
I'm resurrecting this thread as I have one of these and need a reasonably accurate estimate on value for my insurance company.

I can't find hardly any history of people buying/selling them.
They're about the only option for finding/affording a Russian version.
Anyone want to throw out some numbers or reference talk/sales of such a pistol?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.