Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bullet deformation

7K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Bigbore 
#1 ·
Haven't experimented myself yet - but was wondering if the magazine/feeding system on a 10/22 rubs or deforms the nose of the bullet at all during cycling.
Just curious if you are going for the best accuracy - would you want to feed each round single shot?

#34 · (Edited)
Can anybody name me a magazine feed .22 rf that has push feed system ?
There all control feed systems as far as I no.
Think stockcrafter is on the right track, your magazine spring tension pops
the fresh cartridge into the bolt pocket and if the there is some kind of interference
like a extractor or the Schell holder or sharp edge the cartridge wont feed strait into
the chamber.
That's my take.

#37 ·
What we need is a couple of high speed cameras, one straight on and one on an angle to cover as much as possible. Then record the loading process as first and last rds in mag and any other methods that are out there.

I would love to understand control feeding and uncontrol feeding, pull feeding and whatever else you guys want to call the feeding process of these rifles (all rifles).

I'm confused over some of these posts as to what is called what now. :confused:

#39 · (Edited)
Here is a good read on how a controlled feed system works.
Post #30 Fuzzy Limey
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124795&highlight=feeding+a+BB&page=2
Insert 10/22 when Fuzzy says BB, I have used his advice on my two CZ 452 rifles and my BB (Biathlon Basic)
Russian made rifle.
MY two 10/22 work ok for me, did have the lead smiley lead shaving deal for a bit, but I had barrel droop.
I fixed the barrel droop and problem solved with shaved bullets on one of my 10/22's

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.