Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Heritage , a part of Taurus, Service

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  glennasher 
#1 ·
Well, it is now official. There was an all steel model, the Heritage SSRRMB6 that came up for sale in one of the websites I have purchased firearms in the past. This model sports an all steel frame and receiver, a matte black finish, six shot with included magnum cylinder, all for a little less than 200.00 bucks. So, it was misfiring, back it went to Heritage. They have had it now for two years, as of March the first, 2021.
When I call to check the status of getting my revolver, I’m told it is on backorder.
Heritage has had two runs for sale to the public since my revolver was sent in, but they can’t fill my order for the revolver . They offered a zamak framed revolver in its place, which was available for 75 dollars less at the time .

Forget about service from Heritage. If you send a steel revolver in, you might get nothing back. Please note, moderators , this is not bashing. People buying Heritage need to know what kind of company they are dealing with.

#3 · (Edited)
I guess I'm a exception then? I had a dead one before it even left the store, showed the guy the problem. I got another new one from them in about a month. This was of course before all this crap we're in now with guns & ammo! I would have to say that this sounds like a bash, just sayin!!

#4 ·
i sent it in two years ago, and you call this a bash ? Before all this covid stuff, why would this be a bash ? Please explain. I don't think telling the truth about a situation where a company has two years to fix a problem and choses not to is a bash.........just sayin'..........two years ?

#9 ·
No, not been to Bainbridge .

Have you been to Bainbridge, GA?

Would not be surprising if the CEO lives elsewhere. :rolleyes:
No, I haven't and won't travel to Bainbridge. I think a phone call to Bainbridge is in order. There is a term for something that belongs to you and another person or company won't return your property. It starts with an S......let me think hard here.......I think my 6 years in high school is paying off. I think the term is ..........stolen. Maybe a police report should be filed ?

#10 ·
no dog in this fight but -

first , it is not unheard of that guncompany people live in other states than the main plant is located in , quite common actually , just do as directed and make the contact till your issue is solved , you have been given access above , i think they want satisfied customers and they do want you satisfied ,

second - i would never accept the alloy frame n lieu of the steel , IIUC my state wont accept the alloys and i agree this should have been resolved a long time ago if as presented which i do not dispute , you have an issue - it should get resolved without a substitution ,

third , i feel badly when folks have these bad experiences , it never goes well for either [any] related party but in fairness they make a lot of product and sooner or later one is going to have an issue , i always think it fair to report the successful conclusion when it is achieved so the negative does not become the narrative , i think you will get satisfaction and hope you report it here ,

#12 ·
Situations like yours are why I have never owned a Taurus/Heritage and probably never will own one. Taurus' reputation only comes two ways, really good or, more likely, really, really bad. I have owned a couple or three Rossi guns, before they were purchased by Taurus, and while they are surely not S&W or Winchester, they were/are good, solid firearms that only give me mildish heartburn as opposed to a genuine heart attack. With a little home-smithing, the two M92s worked well and were pretty decent shooters. The little Rossi 3" .38 Special I have is a PITN, but it shoots well, though it's really stiff and not particularly easy on the eyes. Since they were bought out by Taurus, though, I want no part of the new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.