Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rimfire pistol pic thread

617K views 1K replies 586 participants last post by  Bear-of-Grayling 
#1 ·
Let's see your .22 pistols.......I'll get the ball rolling.

Top: Clark custom ported barrel Ruger MKI w/Fitz grips,Volquartsen sear,hammer,& trigger

Mid: Pac-Lite barreled Ruger MKII w/ Hogue grips

Btm: S&W Mdl. 41
:comeandge

See less See more
#1,225 · (Edited)
This is Dean's, wife, Marilyn.

[I hope this is one of the correct threads to post to, since my late husband, Dean Grua passed away on December 7 from Lymphoma cancer.]

Since I knew he was into Rimfire handguns [as well as, other guns],

I figured I'd reach a wider membership if I posted to individual forums that Dean was interested in.

I don't know if any of you have shot with Dean and/or have photos taken of him in the past (since Dean got around to different matches and states, for at least 35 years of shooting), but if you have any, would you PM me using Dean's IHMSA80x80 username and email them to me please?

After Dean sadly passed away on Dec. 7 from Lymphoma cancer, I set up a "Dean" folder on the computer just for all things having to do with Dean.

I'd loved to have any photos of Dean.

Thank you.

Marilyn Grua

#1,228 · (Edited)
SIG P210 Conversion

Many years ago I had a Peters Stahl rimfire conversion that I ran on my P210-4. The unit was very accurate and worked flawlessly. My firing pin broke one day and I ordered another from KPS and enjoyed shooting the rimfire conversion until KPS closed and I was afraid, that another broken part would not be as easily found and replaced. So I sold the Peter Stahl conversion and instead shot a Hammerli 212.

I finally found a Swiss SIG P210 conversion and am very satisfied with its accuracy, reliability and smoothness.

Here is a photo of the old KPS unit:

#1,231 ·
I had received an HK4 in .22 l.r. that needed some work to function properly. The 4 in HK4 stands for four calibres that can be shot out of a single pistol that is based on the Mauser HSC design, all using the same slide. Among the work necessary was to change the extractor to the dedicated .22 l.r. part and this little gun has become a great shooter, more fun even than the rimfire PPs that I cherish and shoot since decades. I got one of those wire "gun hangers" off Amazon to make place in my safe for it.

#1,234 ·
Couple of my favorite rimfire pistols:
Izhmash IZH-35M and a Sig/Hammerli Trailside.

I run PowerCustom 10/22 action springs in the two IZH-35M. Replaced all the soft slotted screws with flat socket cap screws and reworked the grips. I've probably put a combined total of 10k rounds through the IZH-35M and I don't think they've choked even once. Triggers are 1.5 and 2 lbs. I use the factory 5rd mags.

I bought the Trailside new in around 2005-2006. At some point mine ate it's own plastic guide rod. I replaced the guide rod, action spring, and barrel weight with Larry's parts, and the plastic grips with Rink stippled walnut. I've never run HV rounds through mine. I've dialed the trigger down a little, so there's less of that long mushy take-up as they come from the factory.