Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Arrowhead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally

Way back in the can't find 22 rimfire ammunition anywhere days I bought two cans of S&K Magazine ammo. None of my 22's liked it. Even cheap Federal would group better so I just let one can sit unopened and ignored the opened one. Today I tried it out in my Henry LB Frontier and found it to group a little better than CCI HV. NO rabbit hunting for a while though. The rabbit population has almost been wiped out by hemorrhagic fever or something like that and we need to save the few that are left for seed.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:53 PM
Chris597

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a bottle of that stuff too, it looks and feels like SK and shoots like Thunderbolts. Really, I think thunderbolts may actually shoot better.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:31 AM
MartyH

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris597 View Post
I have a bottle of that stuff too, it looks and feels like SK and shoots like Thunderbolts. Really, I think thunderbolts may actually shoot better.
That's the luck of the draw. Magazine is the catchall of SK ammo. Sometimes it can be a high quality lot that is simply overrun so it gets packaged as magazine and sometimes it's a crummy lot they can't do anything else with. I have shot a fair amount of it from the cans that had the picture of the rounds on it so that's a couple package changes ago. Once I quit trying to shoot it in cold weather, it did pretty good for just messing around. It had good accuracy but some wild fliers in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 07:24 AM
bandit1250
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Just bought a case of the SK Magazine. Must have got a good case lot. Shot it against three different lot #'s of the SK+ and the Magazine shot better in 6 rifles out of the eight rifles we had there to shoot. One lot of SK+ shot about equal to the Magazine ammo. The two rifles that didn't care for the Magazine over the SK+ was the Tikka T1X and the Remington 513-T I have scoped. Two of us went through the whole can of Magazine with multiple 5 and 10 shot groups from each gun to see how it would perform before buying any more. We are going to call and see if we can get another case of the same lot number and order more. Greasy stuff to handle.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:10 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I discovered SK Mag last year, and it is my go-to ammo for cheap accuracy. Every gun I have tried it in has shot it well. Maybe not Lapua Midas+ well, but not paying Midas prices either. I have found it to consistently shoot as well as Standard+ and Rifle Match, but not quite as well as Pistol Match Special.
Old 05-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Chris597

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I buy ammo from Target Sports Prime. The Magazine ammo cost the exact same as SK Standard. My batch was just so so mad not nearly as good as the price I paid. However I get the bad lots piece of this. It should be a better value if itís random performance ammo.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:59 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
All my CZ 452's LOVE it.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:58 AM
bandit1250
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armtx View Post
All my CZ 452's LOVE it.
^^^^^^^
Old 05-23-2020, 06:37 PM
red930turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My Anschutz 2013 loves SK Magazine too. Been getting 3/8" or not much larger groups at 50 yards fairly often with it (when the wind is calm). As good as Center X for me. Started using it for postal matches.

https://imgur.com/a/Yq0BtYO

https://imgur.com/a/ImRMJAr

Last edited by red930turbo; 05-24-2020 at 08:57 PM.