Any “Decent” 1-6X AR Scopes for $200 or less??? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-13-2021, 08:13 PM
trumph
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I have to second the Mueller Speed Shot. Lighted, 1-4 power dot. I have one on a 15-22 and the 1-4 is enough for me (and my eyes aren't the best anymore). The berm at the range where I shoot is covered in wood chips.(about 85 yards) I just put the dot on light colored ones and hit them easily.(from a rest) I would guess the pieces are about 2-3 inches. Its not that I'm a good shot, this combo just works very well for me. Yes its made in China, but I think everything in this price range probably is. Good luck with your search.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:45 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you can find a used one. Sadly they were discontinued.
Bushnell Trophy XLT 1-4X24 illuminated. 30mm tube 1 MOA red dot and a German #4 reticle. Mine is sitting on a Ruger American Ranch bolt action 7.62x39. 25 meter zero gives you 2nd zero at 200 meters.
Old 03-13-2021, 08:47 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
To bad you cant use the front rail, lots of good scout scopes in 2x7 out there.

The Speed Shot is like no other scope ive used before. Just like a giant magnified red dot. Except its clear has a wide field of view and the illumination/ dot are bright in the daytime. But alas only 4x.

You might try this, its small short and the objective is only 32, just slightly bigger than the 30 mm tubes most of the AR scopes sport. https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...%2C441&sr=8-33
I might give the Mueller 1-4 a try, just because I really like the Vortex Strikefire red dot, having it magnified would be ideal. The Vortex you linked above will not work, scope tube is 14 inches so no go as I would need to use a shell deflector or let the scope tube be the deflector, which would likely have it looking pretty rough within a few range trips...

As I said in a prior post, I have owned many Muellers over the years and really never been disappointed with any of them, they pretty much meet or exceed expectations at their price range.

DrGunner
Old 03-13-2021, 08:56 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone gunman View Post
check where the vortex is made, a lot of their scopes are made in china these days or the Philippines.

and I will give you another to look at, have you heard about Primary Arms? their scopes get pretty good reviews but the lower-end ones are made in china but do have a lifetime warranty. I don't own one but have looked through most of them and the glass is pretty good. they have a 1-6 model with a reticle designed for 7.62x39 or 300blk. might be something to consider if you like the reticle?

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...-62x39-reticle
I have a little experience with Primary Arms, I bought one of their micro red dots once and was pretty disappointed but it was an entry-level unit so expectations were pretty low. Adjusting windage and elevation involved a goofy locking screw that would literally move the adjustment way too far for even the slightest turn of the actual adjustment screws. I returned it, got a replacement which was worse. They did refund my money without any trouble, so customer service was great. I really do like the scope that you linked, looks like it has everything I want and nothing that I don’t except for the price tag. Maybe I should have led this entire thread by explaining that I bought this rifle NSICB (New, Saturated in Cosmoline & Burlap) for $75 in 1982? Trying to keep the cost under $200 here. Maybe I’ll look and see if I can find the one that you linked for sale used- I added it to the “Used shopping list”.

Thanks for the info.

DrGunner
Old 03-13-2021, 08:57 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Classifieds on a different forum. I've been seeing them show up occasionally since the warranty news was announced.
Uh- I was really hoping for more specific information here, like the vendor’s name, or perhaps a link to their website?

If it’s not too much to ask...

DrGunner
Old 03-13-2021, 09:00 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumph View Post
I have to second the Mueller Speed Shot. Lighted, 1-4 power dot. I have one on a 15-22 and the 1-4 is enough for me (and my eyes aren't the best anymore). The berm at the range where I shoot is covered in wood chips.(about 85 yards) I just put the dot on light colored ones and hit them easily.(from a rest) I would guess the pieces are about 2-3 inches. Its not that I'm a good shot, this combo just works very well for me. Yes its made in China, but I think everything in this price range probably is. Good luck with your search.
Alrighty, I’m convinced. I’ll ask my Mueller guy and see what kind of deal I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
If you can find a used one. Sadly they were discontinued.
Bushnell Trophy XLT 1-4X24 illuminated. 30mm tube 1 MOA red dot and a German #4 reticle. Mine is sitting on a Ruger American Ranch bolt action 7.62x39. 25 meter zero gives you 2nd zero at 200 meters.
I’ll add it to the “Used shopping list”

Keep it coming folks, so far I’ve changed my mind from buying new Sino-clone optics. Front runner now is a used Vortex or Primary arms 1-6X

DrGunner
Old 03-13-2021, 09:51 PM
lone gunman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGunner View Post
I have a little experience with Primary Arms, I bought one of their micro red dots once and was pretty disappointed but it was an entry-level unit so expectations were pretty low. Adjusting windage and elevation involved a goofy locking screw that would literally move the adjustment way too far for even the slightest turn of the actual adjustment screws. I returned it, got a replacement which was worse. They did refund my money without any trouble, so customer service was great. I really do like the scope that you linked, looks like it has everything I want and nothing that I don’t except for the price tag. Maybe I should have led this entire thread by explaining that I bought this rifle NSICB (New, Saturated in Cosmoline & Burlap) for $75 in 1982? Trying to keep the cost under $200 here. Maybe I’ll look and see if I can find the one that you linked for sale used- I added it to the “Used shopping list”.

Thanks for the info.

DrGunner
your welcome and I can't blame you. I have one of their newer red dots and it's been great and has 50,000-hour battery life. the only reason I mentioned them is mainly because of their customer service. I had a handguard I bought from them for my AK47 and didn't get my lazy but around to putting it on till about a year later and it was the wrong one and they still took it back.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:58 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone gunman View Post
your welcome and I can't blame you. I have one of their newer red dots and it's been great and has 50,000-hour battery life. the only reason I mentioned them is mainly because of their customer service. I had a handguard I bought from them for my AK47 and didn't get my lazy but around to putting it on till about a year later and it was the wrong one and they still took it back.
Kind of funny how that works, eh?

I have small experience with the company with one product, which might tend to sway some people away. However, the way that they handled the customer service end of that experience means everything to me. I will gladly purchase something from that company again. That said, if the second product that I buy is a frustrating piece of crap, I will be pretty much done giving them any future patronage at that point.

Old 03-13-2021, 11:36 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Its $300 but you get a nice mount https://gun.deals/product/vortex-str...8994-wcode-tag

And only 10 inches.

Last edited by Toomany22s; 03-13-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:53 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
This one is 14.5 inches and $200 https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...s%2C509&sr=8-8 its 1x4 x30 illuminated

And this one $130 , 14 inches https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...%2C509&sr=8-11

Its 1/2 in shorter, and 2x 7x 32 not illuminated but more eye relief., really I think it might work just fine with a cantilever mount reversed so that the objective is behind the ejection port.
Old 03-14-2021, 03:45 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Its $300 but you get a nice mount https://gun.deals/product/vortex-str...8994-wcode-tag

And only 10 inches.
Again, budget. I’ll be swapping between the Vortex Strikefire I have on it now, and a scope that will see very occasional target use. I already have a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 with a Vortex Crossfire 4–16 w/Illuminated dot for shooting the same round for accuracy. Plus I have a Core 15 VTP II 20” Stainless Match with a Nikon M223 4-16x42 BDC 600 Side Focus scope, plus a few other tools in the shed.

Quote:
This one is 14.5 inches and $200 https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...s%2C509&sr=8-8 its 1x4 x30 illuminated

And this one $130 , 14 inches https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...%2C509&sr=8-11

Its 1/2 in shorter, and 2x 7x 32 not illuminated but more eye relief., really I think it might work just fine with a cantilever mount reversed so that the objective is behind the ejection port.

Both of these are WAY too big. A full size scope covers the ejection port. The SKS kicks shells straight up- HARD. Most ammo is steel cased. So, you use a shell deflector (AKA Stovepipe attachment), or your scope gets beaten, dinged, chipped and otherwise abused.

Only a short tube- 9.5-10.5”, will work for the way I want to set it up.

I really appreciate all the suggestions, guys- I do-
But the budget is about as apt to change as the physical dimensions and characteristics of the ejection system.

Respectfully,

DrGunner
Old 03-14-2021, 06:19 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Uh- I was really hoping for more specific information here, like the vendor’s name, or perhaps a link to their website?

If it’s not too much to ask...

DrGunner
They were private sales from owners who were dumping their Nikons. The guy I bought one had several, they are all sold.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:35 AM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
They were private sales from owners who were dumping their Nikons. The guy I bought one had several, they are all sold.
Ooooh, I see- that makes a lot more sense. I read your initial post as you referring to the “crowd” as a vendor selling off their Nikons at a discount.

I’ve often admitted- I’m highly educated, but I’m not always all that bright.

Thanks for clearing that up!

DrGunner
Old 03-14-2021, 08:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up!
NP.

I've been sorely tempted to buy more, I think I've seen about a half-dozen different sellers in the past few months. I've managed to show restraint (so far)..
Old 03-14-2021, 07:00 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
With the strike eagle be your first choice? Too bad they don’t make one in 2-8X.
I like the Strike Eagle enough that I have one on my favorite rifle (the Tavor in the pic). They do make a Strike Eagle in 1-8× for $399. It might be harder to find one used because they haven't been out very long.