Garrow Firearms Development 17hmr locked bolt gas operated AR upper - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:49 PM
Retief13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team17 View Post
Im a sponsored shooter for GFD and right now Mike Garrow (owner) is jammed up on BCGs. His BCG supplier backed out on him, so hes working on getting a new supplier right now. No ETA yet. I can post updates in the group as I hear, I talk with him almost daily. The problem is that he doesn't order multiple thousands at a time so hes considered a "small account" and gets pushed off for bigger customers. But, hopefully we can get a supplier that will only handle his special BCG's and not other companies. I will see if I can prod him into sending out updates. I'm trying to get him set up with a division of one of my other sponsors that does custom machining. Pray it works out, it would be exactly what GFD needs and a perfect fit.

Just like to get a reply from Mike about the AR-17 upper I ordered.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:14 PM
nexus99
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team17 View Post
Im a sponsored shooter for GFD and right now Mike Garrow (owner) is jammed up on BCGs. His BCG supplier backed out on him, so hes working on getting a new supplier right now. No ETA yet. I can post updates in the group as I hear, I talk with him almost daily. The problem is that he doesn't order multiple thousands at a time so hes considered a "small account" and gets pushed off for bigger customers. But, hopefully we can get a supplier that will only handle his special BCG's and not other companies. I will see if I can prod him into sending out updates. I'm trying to get him set up with a division of one of my other sponsors that does custom machining. Pray it works out, it would be exactly what GFD needs and a perfect fit.

Sorry Garrow is jammed up on BCGs, but that is no excuse for not responding to emails and voicemails. Garrow leaves his customers hanging for 3+ months with no comms, leaving us no option but to dispute charges with our credit card companies. That is abysmal customer service.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Retief13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the update. Let me know if anything changes. Kind of in a hard spot.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:10 PM
marv119
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has anyone heard anything from m
Mike as far as updates? I guess it has been well over 2 months since i ordered and i must say i am a bit concerned.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:35 PM
B23
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To have manufacturing problems is one thing, but to completely put your, paying, customers on ignore, is just a very poor business model and short of life threatening health issues, IMO, there is no good excuse for it.

This is very unfortunate to hear because it seemed like a very promising product and I would have considered an upper in 17 WSM if one was ever made, but now, I'd probably shy away.