NIB CZ452 arrived today - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-07-2021, 07:00 PM
redz
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Looks good. From the looks of that bushy tail it works very well also. The scope is a Clearidge RM Ultra , but if it doesn't work out I have a Leupold in the wings.

https://www.clearidgeoptics.com/ultra-rm-s/1814.htm
Old 05-07-2021, 07:28 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
Looks good. From the looks of that bushy tail it works very well also. The scope is a Clearidge RM Ultra , but if it doesn't work out I have a Leupold in the wings.

https://www.clearidgeoptics.com/ultra-rm-s/1814.htm
I have one of those scopes on the way. I’ve heard so many rave reviews, here and elsewhere, that I ordered one. It’ll probably be perfect for hunting. For target shooting I would want more magnification.
Congratulations on the rifle. It’s a nice one. There’s not a CZ I would trade for my 452 American.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:33 PM
redz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hear you. The plan is to use this one or my 457 Training for hunting , leaning towards the Training since this 452 is so nice. I'd hate to scratch it all up hunting with it. But I agree about the magnification for target shooting.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:42 PM
STRUGL4X'SC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Very nice looking rifles.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2021, 10:28 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Can't wait for your review of the Clearidge. They are made in Japan and they usually make pretty good glass in Japan.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:31 PM
284wahoo
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz View Post
I hear you. The plan is to use this one or my 457 Training for hunting , leaning towards the Training since this 452 is so nice. I'd hate to scratch it all up hunting with it. But I agree about the magnification for target shooting.
I felt the same about taking my American out hunting, so bought a second hand plain jane 452 varmint stock priced reasonably, and dropped the barreled action into that stock. Put the perty American stock away in the safe. Have used that rifle liberally off make-shift rests completely guilt free.

Love the look of yours too. Reminds me of a 16 bbl version I let get away years ago. Still regret it.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:46 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I've compared my Leupold 3-9x33 EFR side-by-side to a few scopes, including the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32, Weaver RV-9, and Burris Timberline 4.5-14x32. I find the Burris to be the best of the bunch, and essentially no difference between the other three.

Here's the Burris and the Leupold. The other two aren't in this shot but I've compared them more than once, and to a bunch of other scopes.

Here's the Burris being compared to a less expensive Sightron, a Grand Slam 4-16x44, and a V-24. The compact 32-mm Burris doesn't have the field of view that the GS or V-24 have, but optically it is surprisingly good. None of the 3-9x32s I've ever tested can keep up with any of the GS or the V-24 scopes up to 9x when testing for clarity, resolution, and just pleasant-to-sight-through. They also can't keep up with the Burris in clarity and resolution.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:26 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Try that Burris in dark squirrel woods, I used one on my 452 .17m2 this year and had to keep it turned down to 4.5x to work well for me, something else will be on it next year. The Burris is great in good light but just doesn't gather enough light in marginal conditions, at least for my old eyes.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:14 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Try that Burris in dark squirrel woods, I used one on my 452 .17m2 this year and had to keep it turned down to 4.5x to work well for me, something else will be on it next year. The Burris is great in good light but just doesn't gather enough light in marginal conditions, at least for my old eyes.
I'm not a squirrel hunter, but I could definitely see the Burris not being very bright in dark woods, probably a trade-off for the high magnification power in such a compact package that includes the 32mm objective. I find the Grand Slam to work very well for me in those types of circumstances. In fact, anytime that 16x is enough magnification on the high end, I can be perfectly happy with a GS.

Last edited by I6turbo; 05-08-2021 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:31 AM
Bwana_1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCZFan View Post
You are fortunate. Harder to find as each day passes, especially in such condition.
Try finding a Lefty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Burris Timberline

I concur with I6Turbo on the clarity of the Burris Timberline. Had mine on my Tikka T1X to Zero and shoot 50 Yard groups and killed a few critters with it. I didn't notice any problem with light-gathering in the woods but I was always afraid that I needed more Field of View on 4.5 than the Timberline has. Never really got into a situation where the Timberline couldn't get on game quickly, but I wanted a larger FOV for my own comfort zone, so I replaced it with a Riton 4-16 with a larger objective bell and a larger FOV.

I think if I had left the Timberline on, I would have not had a problem keeping moving squirrels within the FOV and it would have been lighter and more compact. But I think in the end I went with the Riton because I thought SF parallax adjustment is faster and easier than PA on the objective bell.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes its a looker,

I have the synth stocked 455 version but missed out on the 452 a few times,

I worked for a prestigious auctioneers in the UK for a while, in around 2010-13, they had a myriad of high end shotguns and double rifles, you'd occasionally see normal guns and stock from a shop that went bust, or decided to close.

The 452 American just kept speaking to me, I even considered hiding it so others would blind bid on it.

I got sidetracked by a Walther Lp53 air pistol, lost that bid and missed out on the 452 Americans they had 8 in stock, they all sold for under 100 brand spanking new as well.

Anything that wasn't a Purdey or Holland and Holland was worthless in their eyes.

Disco, I thought to myself, you're a muppet!

Cant find them for love or money nowadays, anyone in the UK who has one will not sell it unless its a real stinker!

Oh what could have been

that auctioneers was fun they had export license's and sold Full auto, Harpoon guns, artillery and sub machine guns, Swords suits of armour etc I really liked the MP5 but most of all they had a Manhurin .22lr PPK clone which was engraved, I would have sold my grandmother for that pistol, unfortunately no longer legal in the UK

In some ways I'm blessed with the plastic stock, I have a penchant for scratching and denting hand oiled stocks I'm still traumatised by what I did to my 10/22, 15 coats of Best London gunstock oil recipe and first day out on the range, it slipped out of the gun bag and dented the stock...

I nearly cried

To the Op don't ever sell it. its a pity it isn't screw cut for a can, but then you could ask a smith to put the "gentleman's accessory" attachment on the end bit if you so desired.

These rifles just get better with age the bores get more polished and more accurate.

Last edited by Discontinued; 05-08-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:40 AM
Edcnh

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The 452 is a great gun. You will be extremely satisfied with your new 452. Mine is a tack driver with Wolf Match Target. The 452 is one gun I will never sell or trade.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:58 AM
redz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys, I am really thrilled to find this one and there were only two of us bidding on it. I had several CZs on watchlist, but put a different description in the search field and this one popped up with only an hour and few minutes left and a single bidder. Took me a while to skan the photos to make sure it was legit. After that I jumped in. Seller was a super nice gentleman from KY , and a big CZ fan.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:15 AM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana_1 View Post
Try finding a Lefty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No problem. Just reach into the cellar and drag out a hand full of Ben Franklins.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899091390

A NIB lefty is really rare, though. The nearest I have is one with about 100 rounds through it, complete with the box and all paperwork. Not on offer for sale, though. Some pictures to keep lefty-searchers encouraged...

Last edited by I6turbo; 05-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.