Old 02-23-2021, 10:30 AM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Not a lawyer, but common sense.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
The dealer who shipped the rifle put in a claim. I am not sure how that is going to work out. If it does not I will sell the rifle as is. The barreled action has to be worth something. Any guesses what it is worth? thanks.
Iím not a lawyer, but common sense would tell me that if the rifle was broken in transit, the shipper would be the one responsible to get it into the buyerís hands undamaged. The claim is between the shipper and the shipping company, as would be the liability for safe delivery to the purchaser. Any way, I am happy for the safe delivery of your rifle. I had CZ send me a replacement rifle for a GF with a bad muzzle, and UPS made an accordion pleated artwork out of the box by dropping it on its end. Thankfully, the rifle was undamaged . CZ sent a new , undamaged box properly labeled to the rifle, so it ended without any lasting damage. These shipper handlers know what is in these type of boxes, and I think some are handled roughly by gun hating employees. Of course, automation and conveyor belts are rough on firearms, but packages with fragile tags on them require special handling.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Have you tried contacting CZ and explaining the situation? They have no responsibility, but they might be willing to help with a replacement stock at a reasonable price. Itís worth making a call.