Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Let's See Your Through the Scope Pics!

117K views 167 replies 61 participants last post by  peyton 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys there's a ton of questions on clarity, reticle style, etc... etc... that I think could be helped with a thread like this.

So here's what we need. Some really good quality through the scope pictures.

I'd say if you can do them at 50 and 100 yards in both min and max magnification, since these seem to be the most common ranges. Though farther would be good as well.

Also a breakdown of scope brand, model, and reticle style so that we know what we're looking at.

I know its not perfect and that you wont get a perfect impression of how clear the glass is but it should be good enough to give people an idea.

So what say you guys? Anyone wanna start?

#113 · (Edited)
Sorry for having to use the trash can. It was handy to tape a target to. The red star at it's narrowest point across the center is 13mm. The white gap between the red hash marks is .22". The red dot in the center of the star is same as the usbr x-ring diameter. The mil dots will exactly cover a .5" circle at 20x at 50yds. Will take better pics at long range in the fall.

Pictures taken at 30meters.

rv-9 reticule @ 9x

v-24 mil dot reticule @ 6x

v-24 mil dot reticule @ 24x

#114 ·
This is my 200 yd range set up for rimfire. Looking through a Mueller 8-32x44 target dot scope.
first photo is not through the scope.

Mueller 8-32x44 at 32x

another at 32x

200 yd at 16x

200 yd at 8x

This was not 2 hard with my camera but trying to capture pics on the 50 yard range was much harder. I will try again when some energy returns and the morning caffeine wears off. I also have the same scope with tactical reticle and will try with that also.

#118 ·
Bushnell First Strike reflex style of red dot.
Works well enough on the 10/22 and was just fine on a 556 (Tavor) but the recoil of a 12 gauge was enough to cause the windage to move slightly.

This is with the camera focused on the "glass", gives an idea of the reticle or 5 MOA dot.

This photo is with the camera focused "beyond" at the target.

Its been fun for (quick style of shooting) but to be honest I am more of a precision fan so I doubt I will leave it on there for long.

#119 ·
Here is a view through a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40 Adj. Obj. with the fine duplex reticle. Sorry but I don't recall what the magnification is set at.

It was my first optic of decent quality and I guess I am ruined for life now. No longer will I add some cheap glass as an afterthought but instead it's a planned part of the package.

#130 ·
I got some bonus range time this afternoon and finally remembered to take some pictures of my Weaver T-16 with 3/4 MOA dot at smallbore silhouette animals (1/5 scale swingers).

In real life the crosshairs and dot are much more apparent and my iPhone camera doesn't do it justice, but here they are anyway.