Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anyone use centerpoint scopes?

699 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dvang 
#1 ·
My local Walmart clearance these to $32 for a 3-9-32. How are they as far as clarity and durability? Just need a decent hunting scope.

#2 ·
I used a Centerpoint for plinking on a 10/22 for about 5 years,,
it came off the gun yesterday. it is a higher power than the 3-9X

anyways,, it quit being able to be adjusted,, like as if it had been built with some cheap lube,, it dried over time,,
now it is frozen, the adjuster knobs do nothing..

I replaced it with a used Redfield off of eBay (12X scope for $177) the 1970's vintage scope works perfectly,,,

#5 ·
How was its clarity? I have a mark II FV and a Mark II GXP I squirrel hunt with and the GXP only comes out when I hunt hill country cause its lighter weight. I am just looking for something decent that I can shoot squirrel with but something that wont give me a headache looking through either. My eyes are so bad when I look through a scope for too long I get a headache.

#3 ·
I got one with a gas piston pellet rifle. It came as a set and lasted about 10 shots. It has a very short warranty and you have to pay the freight + handling both ways. I airmailed it to the trash can. Most people trash talk Barska but that is what I replaced it with. The Barska has been through 2 springers and is working fine on the gas piston. Right now you can pick up a Viridian Eon on Amazon or from Viridian at half off. $50 gets you a 3-9x40 with a good warranty.

#4 ·
I had a Centerpoint 4-16× w/AO that was one of the first scopes I ever bought before I started getting a taste for higher end scopes. It stayed on one of my 10/22's for quite a while and it really wasn't that bad of a scope given it's cheap price. In all the years I had it it never lost zero and could still pass a box test. I ended up giving mine away as a PIF a while back. If I didn't think someone could actually be able to use it on a casual target/ hunting rimfire I would have just tossed it rather than give it away.

#9 ·
Buy something about $100 and youd be happy for a long time. Realistically that is more than adequate for most hunters.

Id look along the line of a nikon prostaff 3-9x40. I think you could get one of those most of the time at that price point on ebay.

I do have a cheaper tasco 3-9x32 on an air gun. I wouldnt bother putting on a real rifle. Im sure this is the same one your looking at. Same factory in china cranks them out. The glass has a tint to it from there coating.

To much time spent to go hunting not to buy something id feel comfortable relying on.

There are a few others i cant think off of my head that are discontinued or heavily discounted. Hopefully someone will chime in with a few other recommendations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.