Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Let's See Your Through the Scope Pics!

117K views 167 replies 61 participants last post by  peyton 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys there's a ton of questions on clarity, reticle style, etc... etc... that I think could be helped with a thread like this.

So here's what we need. Some really good quality through the scope pictures.

I'd say if you can do them at 50 and 100 yards in both min and max magnification, since these seem to be the most common ranges. Though farther would be good as well.

Also a breakdown of scope brand, model, and reticle style so that we know what we're looking at.

I know its not perfect and that you wont get a perfect impression of how clear the glass is but it should be good enough to give people an idea.

So what say you guys? Anyone wanna start?

#133 · (Edited)
Got rained out for our air rifle silhouette match but I had already driven to the range. I'm currently upgrading all my scopes from 16X to 24X so it occurred to me to to take these shots.

First is a Weaver V-16 with their Varminter reticle at 16X. The second is a V-24 with the same Varminter reticle at 24X. (Yes, it was raining so the pictures aren't that great.) These are smallbore chicken swingers at 40m. Hopefully this will illustrate the field of view difference between the two magnifications.