Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Scope help needed

49K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  janejskelton 
#1 ·
Hey yall. I have a H&R Sportster .22WMR that I am interested in scoping. However, I have little experience with scopes, with the exception of using one or 2 scoped rifles that were already sighted in. I have no clue how exactly to work with a scope, as far as sighting it in is concerned. I understand that one adjustment knob is used to windage and the other for elevation, but know little about about scopes, there power, etc. If someone could run me through the basics and recommend a good scope I would appreciate it.

#41 ·
I do have one other variable, a Leupold Vari-X II 3x9 I bought back in the 1990s for hunting on a Ruger No. 1. I didn't know if I'd be needing a wide view in the woods for deer, or more power for plains elk. Even this one I set at about 8X and never move it. It's gotten Oryx, Elk, Deer..... I don't see the need for super magnifications on hunting rifles. But that's another topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.