Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-15-2020, 09:20 PM
jason0012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Umc cugir single shot

I have wanted a 22 rf mauser for quite a long time. Today I found this cugir at cabellas. With coupons and a gift card it came to a whopping $30, so it followed me home. The bore is bright and shiny, I would prefer someone had not painted the stock brown, but it has a massively heavy barrel and its nice target rear sight. The front sight however is missing. I am coming up blank on info on this one. I would like to get some literature on it if any exists. I also need a front sight, witch i am not having luck at locating. I do have this old Bushnell scope that fits (though just barely) but I would like to use iron sights...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200915_210103_1600222555373.jpg (237.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 09-16-2020, 07:28 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Since these rifles are basically a copy of the Mauser KKW rifles, I'd guess that a Mauser, etc. rimfire front sight insert would work, but they're not easy to find either.
New England Custom Gun (NECG) makes a front sight with removable inserts similar to these old rifles, but anything they make is not cheap, and it will probably require some fitting.

The Cugir is a solid rifle and should be fairly accurate. I've never had one, but have been tempted to try one more than once. For $30, it's a no brainer.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:20 PM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
welcome,

i know you dont want to hear this, but start googling.

you can also check with gun parts corp. or numerich.

Also, check the gun auction/selling sites. many of them sell more than guns and if you look at the sites, you can filter out what you want and dont want.

If you have any gun shows in your area, go there too. You may want to bring your rifle and that way you can determine if any sight found would fit.

what you do with your money is on you. but its like buying a junker Yugo and spending alot of $$ to turn it into a vette. i know some people have more time & money than others, but its up to you.

Have you just considered mounting a scope on it and call it good?

good luck

Last edited by bangbang; 09-16-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2020, 09:56 PM
jason0012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I spent a few hours today screwing with this rifle and it was more fun than a single shot ought to be. The massively heavy and long barrel stacks the holes! I have a cheezy old Leopold scope with left over rings that kind of fits but is hitting about two feet right and a foot low. So a good bit of time was spent shimming it to get close to paper. (Yes, I actually got it there) The receiver seems to be drilled for a base of some sort, but i suspect I won't be finding a base for it at any local store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200915_210123_1600311333363.jpg (269.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-16-2020, 10:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know a guy that bought one of those last fall. Tried to get it shooting well but barrel was beyond saving. It now sports a Franchi takeoff barrel I machined to replace original. Drilled and tapped receiver for Weaver bases, then it started shooting! It now has a Lyman All American 10x scope mounted. Long winter had me checkering my $107 rifle.
I may have a front blade for you if you can’t find one.
Good action with a unique trigger that can be made very nice.
Did I mention Beech is tough to checker?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EE5EA5CA-39FA-4E0D-B1C4-501565E59291_1600312324055.jpg (153.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-17-2020, 06:42 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason0012 View Post
I spent a few hours today screwing with this rifle and it was more fun than a single shot ought to be. The massively heavy and long barrel stacks the holes! I have a cheezy old Leopold scope with left over rings that kind of fits but is hitting about two feet right and a foot low. So a good bit of time was spent shimming it to get close to paper. (Yes, I actually got it there) The receiver seems to be drilled for a base of some sort, but i suspect I won't be finding a base for it at any local store.
Well, you're ahead of the game if it was already D&T by someone. That makes things a lot easier as far as scoping it goes. It shouldn't be hard to find the right weaver bases for it. Also, it sounds like you have the "deluxe" version with the grooved barrel for a moveable rear sight. that's a big plus too.

The hole in the side of the stock near the bolt handle is for trigger adjustment, just like many of the better Walther rimfire rifles. All in all, you made a great buy for $30!!!

P.S. that scope looks suspiciously like a Bushnell, but if you say it's a Leupold, I won't argue.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:16 AM
jason0012

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bushnel. Yes it is in fact. I had both and the silly medallions fell off 30 yrs ago. I had wondered about the hole...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200915_210132_1600348581689.jpg (269.1 KB, 4 views)
Old Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Frt Sight

Welcome--there is a guy in Virginia that makes 3D front sights!! He has posted on here having them for sale! Think you get 4 in different colors for 6 bucks(I think) Might be worth a try while you are searching for the correct!!