Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

X-22 Backpacker stock for Takedowns

97K views 228 replies 97 participants last post by  versyswolfe 
#1 ·
#217 ·
Surprisingly, impact is just an inch left of POA and elevation is dead on at 25 yds. I fired about 25 rounds and the off hand group was about 2.5" which I was happy with considering the old eyes stuck in my face. Not saying this is perfect solution but it was nice to see results...and would take small game if the red dot died.

#220 ·
Does anyone have tried and true method of keeping dirt, gunk and stuff out of the action when the barrel is stowed? Thought about a sandwich bag and some rubber bands but that's not exactly a fool proof fix but it might work OK for awhile and would probably be fine inside a pack. Any other ideas?

I found out that my 10" barrel Charger with a folding stock is just about the same size as my TD with the Backpacker stock and it shoots just a bit better out to 50 yds with a 3-10x42 scope. Wish it was stainless.

#224 ·
I have a Takedown 10-22 in the Backpacker stock and I have a non takedown Charger with folding brace. Both good guns.
I could not get the Takedown to shoot well until I put it in the Backpacker. Ergonomics are much better than the factory stock. I have a Leupold Freedom 1.5-4X20 in low rings so I dont need the high comb and can still use the Skinner peep if I need to remove the scope. Mine is kept in the Ruger bag.
My wife really likes the Charger with it's short lop. I have a Holosun 515 on it. The nice part is the length with a suppressor and it is fairly light weight. I am considering another Leupold for it.

#226 · (Edited)
So I thought folks interested in the Magpul Backpacker TD stock, would be interested to see how it works with the Magpul optic mount, and the Tactical Solutions barrel with the barrel-mounted sights.

Before I bought my own kit for my new TD, I called Magpul and asked if they thought the optic mount--which replaces the OEM takedown latch assembly--would conflict with the Tacsol barrel-mounted sights. They didn't know, but thought it probably would. I called Tacsol, they weren't sure either. But just eye-balling it from pics online, I thought it would fit. So I ordered the parts.

Actually it does fit, quite nicely. The first 2 pics in the highlighted area show a gap of about 1/32nd between the Tacsol rear sight and the mount. In fact the Magpul mount clearly was designed to work with barrel mounted sights, the 3rd pic below shows how the sights are viewable through a groove in the mount, when the red dot sight is removed. I have a QD mount for my red dot, so I can just pop it on and off quickly without loss of zero when I want to use the sights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.