June 2021 Rimfire Benchrest Factory/Unlimited - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-21-2021, 11:58 AM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Managed to improve a bit, this morning.

Factory, 25 yards
Screen Name: Pipes1 Name: Robert
Rifle: CZ 457 Varmint Precision Chassis, Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56, Ammo: SK Standard +, Score: 2400
SEB Mini front rest, Protektor rear bag.
Weather: Calm and 95 degrees.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ARA 25 yard 6-21-21.jpg (540.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-21-2021, 08:30 PM
Appalachian2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipes1 View Post
Great to hear, Appalachian2.
Did you make it to the ARA match today, in Ohio?
I didn’t go after all. I managed to test the 452 in its original stock and it wasn’t performing at least that day. After pulling 67.5 hours at work this week I didn’t want to drive two hours to come in middle of the pack. I think the big heavy scope sitting on top of the factory wooden stock upset the balance or something, If I would have had time I could have experimented with action screw torque settings, rubber strip tuning and different hold techniques and probably improved a bit. It had been a while since I shot it in the factory stock. I never thought the chassis or even the Pro Varmint stock would make that much difference in accuracy over the stock stock, but I was wrong. What’s funny is I would have been competing against CZ’s that come in those stocks.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry it didn't work out, Appalachian2. I am really enjoying shooting the monthly ARA club match, here in Arizona, and improving a bit every time.