True gun value website - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-18-2021, 02:44 PM
whiplash

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
True gun value website

The few guns that I've priced sound about right. Interesting format with sales history. How do they figure out these things.

https://truegunvalue.com/pistol/KEL-...storical-value
Old 04-18-2021, 07:32 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems they monitor auction sites and record sales from them. I noticed a few past sales that were from Gun Broker. It's a nice program and gives you a ballpark on the more common stuff, it's the more rare special items that you would need better price on but it gives you a nice start on price ideas.
I always use the history functions on most sites to see what their traffic brings, buying or selling good ballpark on past sales.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:18 PM
bear1998
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Most all the pistols,rifles n shotguns i own shot up in value within the past 3-4 months. I imagine its because of whats running the country...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2021, 12:48 PM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
you will find someone trying to make something better/faster/cheaper....

so years down the road when someone has alot of time on their hands you will another similar site referencing this site and so it goes...

the question is what will you do if you cant find your toy you want to sell/buy?

sometimes the space between the ears will have to get off the couch and do some work...
Old 06-11-2021, 10:19 AM
ajaxn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TrueGunValue

Be careful about using this web site to value a firearm as they use "sold" guns on GunBroker from scammers. They list a Colt Annaconda Hunter as being sold on GB for $3,525.00 but that sale did not take place as the seller was flagged as a scammer prior to the auction ending and the transaction never occured. That is the issue "truegunvalue" does not ensure the sale actually was valid; they should not report sales from one time sellers/new sellers on any web site as many are scammers.
Old 06-12-2021, 03:49 PM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is a great point! I always say it's a good start point but you must base it on a few sales as well as other sites(there is more than gun broker). Also some sales are two people wanting same item and same time and are wanting it now so does that make it a true market level? Researching is best for both parties.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:54 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Automag View Post
... Also some sales are two people wanting same item and same time and are wanting it now so does that make it a true market level?
Yes. At that moment for that item that was the "market level."

Tomorrow's market level will be different. That is how a market functions. It's known as price discovery.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pricediscovery.asp
Old 06-13-2021, 12:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
What something is worth has absolutely nothing to do with a what a book or website says what it may be worth..It is worth what someone will pay at a that moment..

Me, I buy when the price is low
Old 06-14-2021, 12:26 AM
Baby Automag

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love that expression "price discovery", works good for me. As always it's good to know what things are currently "sold" for by more than one source or you take the gamble, buying or selling.
It's so easy to pop up a few sites and check, not like the old days you actually had to go to a few gun stores or check the papers ads, yeah I'm that old! these youngin's have it so easy! yep, walked to school uphill both ways also.....