CZ made of unobtanium? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:50 PM
bhill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ made of unobtanium?

I found a great price on a CZ457 Varmint and (thanks to this board) was drawn to purchasing it.

Spent countless hours looking for an in-stock pro varmint or at-one 16" but no joy. Those two must be extremely popular.... So I figure I'll have the varmint barrel threaded on my own.

The corporate strategy for choosing which models are threaded and which are not is a puzzle.
Large stamped lettering on the stock of the Royal model was a hard pass for me. Probably responsible for it's "in stock" status. Why only the laminate version of the American? The scout is, of course, a youth gun. The jaguar.... 28 inches.... plus 5 more with suppressor.... not for me.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:45 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a mass mailing email from Gun Broker that announced the top selling firearms. The most popular rifle was the CZ457. No specific model. I did not catch the time interval, ie month/year/??

Any way you look a it - You are lucky. First, lucky because that are actually shipping product instead of playing duck & hide. And it is out there in enough volume to be most popular winner. Or is that the same thing? I am sure you can find something suitable. Might involve going out and looking? I see you already make a purchase.

Just becasue I am in a contrarian mood, I would say these are about the "least" unobtainable firearm out there. I also been seeing 527's on the shelf. That includes the 6.5 Grendel. I guess it could be all kinda random. If I wanted one, I might not see any.

Last edited by fourbore; 06-10-2021 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:49 PM
bamajoey

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Anyone interested I saw a 457 lux 17 in a hardware store in North Carolina yesterday for $549. I wasnít interested but some of you may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2021, 09:35 PM
Appalachian2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I’ve been looking for a 457 Premium.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:34 PM
bhill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian2 View Post
Iíve been looking for a 457 Premium.
The photos sure look pretty. Most online retailers don't even pretend they'll ever stock one though. I got the impression that it was not intended for the American market.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:03 AM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (62)
There were lots of Premiums on Gunbroker for a few months and then none! I looked for one with nice figure in the wood, didn't find one and then they were gone!
Old 06-11-2021, 02:03 PM
PaPow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
There were lots of Premiums on Gunbroker for a few months and then none! I looked for one with nice figure in the wood, didn't find one and then they were gone!
I did the same thing, looked for a long time to find/get a nice looking one, and then, POOF, gone. I finally decided i better at least get a LUX before THEY get gone. I`ve wanted a CZ 22 ever since the 457`s came out. Luckily, my dealer got in few nice 457 LUX`s, and i was able to pick out the nicest one out of what he had. I`m happy with what i ended up with. Would have LOVED to have gotten a really nice walnut figured Premium, but right now, it is what it is. Later on if i happen across a Premium, i`ll pick that up too.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:49 PM
charlie44gs

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Z made of unobtanium?

Two weeks ago a Cartersville GA LGS had a Premium in stock for over $800. The LGS is Boots and Buckshot. I have no connection to them and don't know if the 457 is still available.
Old 06-11-2021, 03:33 PM
Appalachian2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian2 View Post
I’ve been looking for a 457 Premium.
The photos sure look pretty. Most online retailers don't even pretend they'll ever stock one though. I got the impression that it was not intended for the American market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
Bud’s had a used one on the wall, believe it or not with a price of $629. The wood was above average, but not what I would consider a lottery winner. I could tell a scope had been mounted on it. That was the first time I had heard of a Premiun. I didn’t want to impulse buy it and wanted to do a little research on prices.
The next day I went back to get it and it was gone. I still wanted one, but didn’t want to buy sight unseen. Now you can’t find one at all. I ended up buying a Trainer for now to shoot open sighted.