Any interest in new Romanian M1969 mags? Looking for suggestions. - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:19 AM
csspecs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Just wanted to update that this is still moving forward.
Here is a progress photo.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:15 AM
CCCXI
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have several, so don't really need more, but I'd buy one or a few to help support your efforts, dependant on price. A couple of mine (Taiwanese I believe) insert too deeply, causing the bolt to hit the rear of the mag. I wouldn't mind replacing those two with two of yours if they work better. Keep us posted! The pic you posted above is looking good!
Old 08-06-2017, 06:22 AM
CCCXI
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh, and as for product suggestions, there seems to be a market for replacement firing pins for these rifles. See thread "Romanian M1969 Fix".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
12Bravo
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCXI View Post
Oh, and as for product suggestions, there seems to be a market for replacement firing pins for these rifles. See thread "Romanian M1969 Fix".
I agree that a source for good replacement parts would be nice.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:01 PM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by csspecs View Post
Just wanted to update that this is still moving forward.
Here is a progress photo..
Thanks for that! I'm still a buyer for a couple anyway. Glad you are moving forward w/the project; those rifles provided/provide a lot of bang for the buck, fun to shoot & accurate well beyond their selling price point here. Ugly(?) absolutely, inexpensive(?) they were at one time, accurate(?) in spades and more so w/a graded bbl. Whot's not to like(?).. a sound supply of solid functioning after market magazines. I wish you a resounding success in your endeavor.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:31 PM
vandeda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would love to see some replacement parts for the single shot UMC Cugir. You can find firing pins for the 1969 on Ebay & Gunbroker (appears to be the same seller) and Liberty Tree Collectors ... but I've seen no firing pins for the UMC Cugir and I have a bolt with a busted firing pin.

Last edited by vandeda; 08-08-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 AM
csspecs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We could probably make some of the small parts.. Firing pins and the take down lever seem to be common parts that get damaged. I can probably locate the springs and pins used for assembling them and put together a repair kit of sorts.

Most of the parts on these are fairly simple.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Prsman23

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
I would be interested in Swedish Ljungman AG-42B rifle magazines. Not sure how many rifles were imported, but the magazines are impossible to find in this country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ag_m/42

Agreed. Though part of the scarcity is that they weren't to be used as AR mags are today. They weren't issued more than the magazine that comes with the gun and were reloaded with stripper clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 08:27 PM
vandeda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Firing pins and the take down lever seem to be common parts that get damaged.
I'm sorry ... excuse my ignorance, but the take down lever on a UMC Cugir? What part is this?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:50 AM
csspecs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandeda View Post
I'm sorry ... excuse my ignorance, but the take down lever on a UMC Cugir? What part is this?
On the five shot bolt action there is a small lever with a pin pivot that holds the bolt in and also applies tension to the firing pin to prevent the firing pin from staying forward during cambering.. I'm sure it has another name.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:03 PM
vandeda

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
On the five shot bolt action there is a small lever with a pin pivot that holds the bolt in and also applies tension to the firing pin to prevent the firing pin from staying forward during cambering.. I'm sure it has another name.

Now I understand my confusion since I was focusing on the single shot rifle from the 50s. I found a spare firing pin for the five shot on ebay, but have not found any firing pins for the single shot at all.

Last edited by vandeda; 08-11-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:59 PM
csspecs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well we had a few delays as we wanted to produce these out of our own metal stock rather than contract laser cutting as our metal supplier is slightly more expensive but more consistent.. We ended up getting a fiber laser cutter which took several months to come in, .

Anyway the results are looking good so far, laser cutter arrived on Thursday, I have about 500 bodies pretty much done, and I'm about halfway done with the floor plates and I'll start followers next, I ran out of O2 bottles before I got to the followers. I have six more T size coming tomorrow, laser cutters apparently use a lot of gas.

We should be done with the metal work on these in a couple days, but it will likely be another three or four weeks as we are waiting on springs.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:43 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (27)
Very nice.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Hillbilly Jim
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Put me down for two of the mags.
Thanks Jim
Old 01-18-2018, 08:58 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Any updates when these will be available?