0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Walker View Post
My little friend...

ok, i'm 'tac-tarded'...

What tactical kit is this? I want one
Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The Infidel consists of an RB Precision Evolution stock with ACE SOCOM (shorty) butt-shock with folding mechanism, Hogue grip, Customized Volquartsen TG2000 trigger assembly, a Superior Concepts custom Bolt handle, Shooter’s Solution custom blueprinted parkerized bolt. A Scout rail to include (3) 7" rails a spring actuated Front and Rear Flip Up Sight BUIS from GG&G. Daniel Defense offset mount with Surefire G2 w/pressure pad. A Beamshot GreenBeam 1000 Laser sight mounted on a Daniel Defense offset mount with pressure pad. An Aimpoint M2 Comp with Larue M68 cantilever mount. I included a Tango Down stubby forend grip, Falcon Industries rail and ladder covers and a Tactical Solution compensator. In other words its not a kit, you can build one to your liking just let your imagination run wild...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
HR218
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
QUOTE from cy10: ok, i'm 'tac-tarded'...

I like this setup also and did some pricing...hold on to your potatoes Dr. Jones were goin for a ride!!! (from Indiana Jones Temple of Doom)

RB Precision Evolution stock $200

ACE SOCOM (shorty) butt-shock with folding mechanism $160

Hogue grip $17

Customized Volquartsen TG2000 trigger assembly $200

Superior Concepts custom Bolt handle $40

Shooter’s Solution custom blueprinted parkerized bolt $90

Scout rail to include (3) 7" rails x3 = $51

GG&G spring actuated Front BUIS $130

GG&G spring actuated Rear BUIS $125

Daniel Defense offset mount $50

Surefire G2 w/pressure pad (if its the 6v LED?) $65

Beamshot GreenBeam 1000 Laser sight with pressure pad $155

An Aimpoint M2 Comp $440

Larue M68 cantilever mount $140

Tango Down stubby forend grip $60

Falcon Industries rail $28

ladder covers $10 each x2 $20

Tactical Solution compensator $4

Aftermarket shorter than 16" barrel guessing $100

tax stamp for SBR $200

Ruger 10/22 $200

Total = $2561.00 not including tax and shipping

Of course you could probably find stuff cheaper but I just did a Google search of the items he listed. He obviously used the very best products possible. (no fake knock off stuff) His gun is the even listed on the RB Precision website! Good job Morgan. Thanks for building a gun I probably cant afford during this economic down turn....I'm poor and need a bail out!

Last edited by HR218; 01-10-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
SKYWLKR

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
Wow, I don't think you could more anymore incorrect information in a post...

Legal Barrel is 16", OAL 26" .Short barrel are extremely accurate. I have a 22/45 that will shoot 3/4" groups at 50 yards.

If it has a stock and under 26" or a barrel under 16" it is an SBR not AOW .

Common AOW's are a "pistol's" with a foregrip or a short Shotty with no stock.

I'll stop there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
accuracy is sacrificed in anything thats been shortened these are for up close stuff like shooting snakes or "room clearing" for the tactical guys lol (no offence i love that stuff too) or even just for having the bragging rights of owning an SBR as for legal length its 16.5 inches on the barrel and 24 inches overall anything smaller than that barrel and you need a stamp from the ATF to own it as an SBR (short barreled rifle) and anything shorter than the overall length gets a stamp as an AOW (any other weapon)

if your going for shear accuracy then stick with a longer barrel i have a 20 on my ruger and its a world of difference from the 18 that was on it and my mom has the youth model with the 16.5 and it was worse yet we ended up useing my old 18 on hers just to make it worth shooting beyond 30 yards
Old 01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
SKYWLKR

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
This is incorrect:

OAL is measured from muzzle (brakes , can etc dont count unless part of barrel) to rear most part of gun with a folder extended, whether it can be fired open or closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonForester View Post
The rifle does not have to be "unfolded"!
It is the overall length of the rifle and stock, if the rifle can be fired!

Simply put....if you use a BC folding stock, and the rifle can be fired with the stock folded, then that is how the overall length is measured!
If this were true SO many guns off shelf would be non-stamped SBR's
Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Walker
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
You my friend are almost on target...

But, its not how much it cost, but how much fun it was to do a build like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR218 View Post

I like this setup also and did some pricing...hold on to your potatoes Dr. Jones were goin for a ride!!! (from Indiana Jones Temple of Doom)

Hogue grip $17

An Aimpoint M2 Comp $440

tax stamp for SBR $200

Ruger 10/22 $200

Of course you could probably find stuff cheaper but I just did a Google search of the items he listed. He obviously used the very best products possible. (no fake knock off stuff) His gun is the even listed on the RB Precision website! Good job Morgan. Thanks for building a gun I probably cant afford during this economic down turn....I'm poor and need a bail out!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:35 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red face

Thanks a lot HR218, you got me started thinking about what I have into my RB Charger. At first I though HA!!! I probably got less that half the money into mine than Morgan Walker has into his (very sweet, BTW, MW) even with the suppressor, by using cheaper parts. Boy was I wrong.
$307 for the Charger
$200 RB Precision stock
$175 TacSol 5.5" barrel
$37 Tasco Red dot
$89 Green NcStar laser
$55 Coast tactical light, with pressure switch
$20 Hogue grip
$350 SWR Warlock suppressor
$200 tax stamp
$1433 total =OUCH I had no idea that I'd gotten that deep into a .22, and I haven't even gotten into improving the trigger or bolt yet.

Last edited by cyclesarge; 01-10-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:59 PM
SKYWLKR

TPC Rating: 
0% (-1)
It has a Shoulder stock and can? then Don't forget your tax fee for the can to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Thanks a lot HR218, you got me started thinking about what I have into my RB Charger. At first I though HA!!! I probably got less that half the money into mine than Morgan Walker has into his (very sweet, BTW, MW) even with the suppressor, by using cheaper parts. Boy was I wrong.
$307 for the Charger
$200 RB Precision stock
$175 TacSol 5.5" barrel
$37 Tasco Red dot
$89 Green NcStar laser
$55 Coast tactical light, with pressure switch
$20 Hogue grip
$350 SWR Warlock suppressor
$200 tax stamp
$1433 total =OUCH I had no idea that I'd gotten that deep into a .22, and I haven't even gotten into improving the trigger or bolt yet.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:17 PM
HR218

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree 100% Morgan, Its all about how fun it is to build it. Every time a box arrives at the door its like Christmas! Price doesn't really matter because most of us swap parts to other guns all the time. Might as well have top quality parts!

I'm shopping around for flip up BUIS for my AR project but I am still cant find one less than $100. It kills me that a tiny piece of metal can cost $150? You do get what you pay for though...

Hey cyclesarge, your RB charger is fricken sweet too if I remember it correctly. If I can find a charger for a good price I think it may be my next purchase? That Gen 2 RB stock they have available now is NICE for a pistol!

Question? What is the purpose of the cut out /notch near the grip/buttstock area on the RB? Does it have a function or is it just for looks?

Last edited by HR218; 01-10-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Question? What is the purpose of the cut out /notch near the grip/buttstock area on the RB? Does it have a function or is it just for looks?
That notch doesn't have a purpose as far as I can tell. I think that they notched it there because any kind of transition filler would look awkward. If you compare the Nordic to the RB you'll see that the stock mounting point is lower on the RB because if it was in the same place as the Nordic it would be above the receiver, which would look bad and throw off scope alignment. It's kind of a pain for me without a shoulder stock, the web of my hand (between my thumb and forefinger) supports the gun, with that square-ish edge digging in. I am thinking about rounding off that whole part, even though I wouldn't be able to add a shoulder stock, I don't have a stamp for an SBR anyway.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
HR218

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh I see the issue now after you pointed it out. They designed the end to accept a standard AR15 full buttstock which is oval shaped. But if you just used a collapsable stock that end piece shape doesnt need to be oval shaped since the buffer tube is obviously round.

I can see where that nub would dig into the web of your hand...I would want to grind it off too if I bought one.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:17 PM
cyclesarge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It probably wouldn't be a problem with a shoulder stock. It's just a nuisance when I shoot low with the laser for sighting.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 PM
johnnywitt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcski View Post
Mine is going to look more like this :

How does one cut down the Choate Stock to this length. I want an SBR to use with my SWR Spectre. Also, how about the .920 barrel. How do you get it to fit?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 PM
OregonForester
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYWLKR View Post
This is incorrect:

OAL is measured from muzzle (brakes , can etc dont count unless part of barrel) to rear most part of gun with a folder extended, whether it can be fired open or closed.

If this were true SO many guns off shelf would be non-stamped SBR's
You may well be correct on this.
I spent over an hour at the ATF site, and although I found LOTS of references to "overall length", I could not find a precise definition.
Over the last 18 months, I have registered 5 NFA items (two of them SBR's), and four of the 5 forms were signed by the same individual, so I called ATF and asked him. He stated "here, we measure with the stock extended"....Great!
I then called back, and talked with the examiner that signed my other Form...he stated "with the stock installed, we measure it in it's most compact form while still able to be fired"!....dang.
I then called an OSP officer that I am acquainted with, and asked him...his answer..."HUH?" He did not even know what an SBR was!

So...I concede, you are probably right, and I am incorrect...but...I have way too many problems in my life without antagonizing the ATF, or some local yokel.
I will continue doing the Form 1 thing when any of my builds will be under 24" when folded.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
lumberjacker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Hogue grip $17

An Aimpoint M2 Comp $440

tax stamp for SBR $200

Ruger 10/22 $200

that stock with a folding setup is like $300!!!!