Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Gilbert Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bull Barrel wrapped in Python Skin

Ok guys and girls, I have a new project and want some input. I am thinking the next stock will be a bull barrel but this time in a black and white Indonesia Python. Here is a pic of the skin style I am looking at. What do you all think????

Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
The pattern is very cool, I think it will look great.

So, is this stock going to actually be wrapped in snakeskin or is this a pattern you paint on? If the actual skin, how is it applied and then preserved?

Definitely it will be a unique rifle, and I look forward to seeing the results of the project.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Gilbert Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The real skin is applied in a method I have had much success with. It is then sealed for protection. Here are 2 I did already in rattlesnake. Its a 10/22 and an 870

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)
Very nice, but that would really creep my wife out (she hates snakes).

I think a dark blued bull barrel, maybe fluted might look good with that python pattern.

You have to love the 10/22 -- the customizer's dream rifle.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 PM
bucks11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the final product...

So is this process a family secret??
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
greggo

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Makes me wonder what it would look like with a helical fluted barrel...it's kind of serpent-like just by itself.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Gilbert Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have the helical barrel so I will make sure thats the one I use for pics.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 AM
Gilbert Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ok everyone I have committed fully to it and it will be done. Pics to follow!. Also I have a special project that I have also already committed to and I have mixed feelings about. With that said I stand to say it will be a job that will raise the bar for anything close to it. I know I am not saying much but once I have a close to finished project done I will post a thread with pics. And yes it is a 10/22 project. Thanks for all the comments and stay tuned I have 3 10/22's that will be ready or close to ready in the next 30 days that will be awesome. Thanks and happy shooting!

PS - A hint to the other build other then this python stock is ---- TACTICAL and close combat!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Slapp
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sweeet...Buuuut

It is awsome looking and the work is real nice.....but it just seems a little creepy for me. Not saying that there are a lot of people who will love this. Again nice work and attention to detail.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:43 AM
btb601
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbert Shooter View Post
Ok everyone I have committed fully to it and it will be done. Pics to follow!. Also I have a special project that I have also already committed to and I have mixed feelings about. With that said I stand to say it will be a job that will raise the bar for anything close to it. I know I am not saying much but once I have a close to finished project done I will post a thread with pics. And yes it is a 10/22 project. Thanks for all the comments and stay tuned I have 3 10/22's that will be ready or close to ready in the next 30 days that will be awesome. Thanks and happy shooting!

PS - A hint to the other build other then this python stock is ---- TACTICAL and close combat!
Well son, I am looking forward to checking out your next project. The stocks that you have done are great.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
azguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Certainly is outside the box thinking. Not exactly my cup o tea but unique nonetheless. To each their own. I would counsel caution and make sure any skins you are using are lawfully acquired, especially given the political climate of the day. Not saying you might acquire them illegally but be sure your source is on the up and up as well. Keep your hunting license valid as well. You need one for the taking of reptiles in the state of Arizona.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
FraglessOne

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think a custom flash suppressor/hider are in order for some of these stocks. Something along the lines of a snake dead striking (made out of metal) attached to the end of one of these snakeskin creations would be interesting.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Ballinger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love what you're doing, especially on the shotgun stocks. Wow.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
crazyorigin

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gilbert Shooter, those rattlesnake skinned stocks look amazing, best looking 10/22 and 870 factory stocks I have seen, they look great. Nice work, you should have a scope, receiver and trigger group hydrographic'ed and your rifle would be 100% snaked out.