2014 Ultimate 10-22 Third Place: "No Regret" by doclu60 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 01:18 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
2014 Ultimate 10-22 Third Place: "No Regret" by doclu60

2014 Ultimate 10-22 Third Place: "NO REGRET":

Rifle Name-----------------------Owner-----------------Builder

"No Regret"----------------------doclu60---------------doclu60

Build Specifications:

Kidd Classic recv'r 10moa with rear tang, threaded by Randy @ CPC
Benchmark barrel blank, slugged, cut, crowned, chambered, finished OD, threaded for above recv'r, and installed by Randy @ CPC. .920od x 19" long.
DIY modified Kidd v-block, clearanced for barrel and red Permatexed with modified block screws for extra bedding area
Kidd silver scallop bolt
Kidd charging assembly with subsonic spring
Kidd bolt buffer
Kidd 2-stage silver trigger, 3/5oz with flat black blade
DIY T-Rex stock, slightly modified with brass front pillar and three part bedding
DIY stock paint, Cadillac Green Jewel Frost Metallic with 5 coats of clear
Weaver T-36 scope in satin nickle Warne Maxima Med QD rings
Weight- a dainty 10-1/2lbs (with sun shade and caps on the T-36)

This rifle was never built to be a 'looker' or a contest rifle. She turned out the way she did because I wanted to build a very accurate clone BR rifle for shooting our games and to use as a trainer for future endeavors in competitive BR shooting.

It has shot a 149 out of 150 run on 25yd Tacks, placed 4th in the 25yd Ultimate game, posted a respectable score on the 25yd Tack target at 50yds and shot several 24's and many 23's on the 50yd Tack game. None of the latter have been posted because I will only post a clean card at that range.

The rifle has also shot some very good groups at 50yd. Unfortunately not three on the same card. Upgrading my range gear and finding out what the barrel wants maintenance wise has increased it's performance. Spending many hours at the range and increasing my ammo expenditure has increased my performance, bringing it closer to the rifle's potential.

I am truly humbled by the fact that the rifle was not only nominated, a painted stock BR rig, but made the final show in the 'Ultimate' contest. I have been afforded the opportunity to add more photos and commentary about the gun for this thread. I will respectfully decline more photos, as the ones already posted show exactly what the rifle's purpose is......Bench Rest. The single target posted almost shows what the rifle's performance is. There is much more in this gun.

I thank all that were involved in the planning and execution of this build. Many members helped with opinions from their experience or ideas I got from posts of other builds. I also thank those that supported this rifle for what it is, a target gun. Special thanks go to Randy @ CPC for countless time on the phone and his wonderful craftsmanship and the gang at Benchmark barrels who turned out the blank in a very short time, even though they were very backlogged.

With all due respect to our forum......
Respectfully yours,
Scott

Link to the BUILD THREAD:

CLICK HERE