Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-30-2021, 04:10 AM
ChargerBill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshot223 View Post
Looks dandy, Bill, nice work!!
Thanks! Based on the outcome I知 glad I chose Cerakote rather than Duracoat.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:00 AM
ChargerBill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
UPDATE (no images, but I知 close)

So I ordered a few parts from Wirewithin and they show they will be here tomorrow. Basically a new trigger pivot pin and a new Extended mag release button.

Also...I received Eric痴 bushings! He outdid himself...these things are top quality. When I can I will take a few pics and post them.

Basically I知 hoping to have the gun together and squared away by Wednesday or Thursday this week.

BTW, I found a stainless Mark II with standard barrel at a local gun shop but IMO the $670 price tag was too steep. I知 taking a look at a 50th anniversary blued standard barrel this week. Shop is asking $640... I壇 like it closer to $500... we値l see how that goes. Just curious, are the Anniversary guns worth that kind of money?
Old 05-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Etpm

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
So I ordered a few parts from Wirewithin and they show they will be here tomorrow. Basically a new trigger pivot pin and a new Extended mag release button.

Also...I received Eric痴 bushings! He outdid himself...these things are top quality. When I can I will take a few pics and post them.

Basically I知 hoping to have the gun together and squared away by Wednesday or Thursday this week.

BTW, I found a stainless Mark II with standard barrel at a local gun shop but IMO the $670 price tag was too steep. I知 taking a look at a 50th anniversary blued standard barrel this week. Shop is asking $640... I壇 like it closer to $500... we値l see how that goes. Just curious, are the Anniversary guns worth that kind of money?
I know you had to modify the bushings some to make them fit, which will obviously take some time with your jewellers files, but I'm still curious if the bushings even worked. Did the epoxy stick? Did the magnet work to hold the bushings in place? Did you win the lottery? Didja get lucky last night? Nevermind that last question, that would be too much information.
Cheers,
Eric
Old 05-04-2021, 06:50 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
Just curious, are the Anniversary guns worth that kind of money?
Value in the current climate is hard to pin point.

I have a 50th Anniversary, and one trait I dislike is the absence of the rear relief cut at the rear of the receiver. The receiver is cut like a MKI. It's fine if you are happy to use a bolt with the wider straight grip surface, but for a MKIV bolt it's not ideal.

Accuracy is good and the sights are quite sharp, but that should be true of any MKII with a tapered barrel.