Blue Jeans question ? - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2019, 09:49 AM
Dr. Internet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Old 12-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
Cargo pants only for me.
ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmoose View Post
Wife has a "smart" phone, I have a dumb phone, as in flip phone. I wear Wranglers and my phone fits the watch pockets perfectly. I would rather do without my phone, I consider it a leash... might as well keep it might have to call my FFL friends.
FM
An electronic tether so she can tell you when its time to come home.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:15 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I keep my meds for the day in my watch pocket. The size of watch pockets vary a lot between brands.
The Wranglers I've worn for years have been re-designed and now have a tiny watch pocket. No bueno!
SHOOT! Your right. I just picked up a new pair of the relaxed fit I've worn for decades. Same product number. %%%% watch pocket is tiny. Plus the way the main side pockets opening is shaped and sewn it's tighter to get your hand in than the older style and I don't have large hands. I don't think the pockets are as deep either. I am very PO'd.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:26 PM
rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (37)
Geez,I didn't realize this thread had went to four pages!
Old 02-06-2020, 12:16 AM
JDWinCO

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Change, small parts, watch both pocket or broken wrist watch. My son in law and I were talking one day and the grown grandson came through wondering about what that little pocket was for. Had to explain to both of them what it was and then a gramps hint to the progeny from experience, when feeling optimistic, a handy place for condom.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:08 AM
RaySendero
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVStalin View Post
Ear plugs .
Yep, Me too.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I know I'm fixing to work on something dirty & lots of grease, I'll put my wedding ring in the watch pocket. Aside from that it's loose change or it doesn't get used.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:55 AM

Central NY, The good part, not the rotten apple
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Old watch pocket I can just get 4 fingers in. New only 2. Probably thanks to some bean counter who figured out they can save 1.5x 3.0 inches of fabric.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Plinkhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Use it mostly for change. I bought a pair of regular Wranglers a couple weeks ago and first thing I noticed was the pocket is actually deeper but not wider than all my others. Almost too deep and narrow to dig change out. Whether it has to do with anything this pair was a size down from my norm.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:37 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I keep my pocket knife in there. Lately I have noticed some of the pockets are getting smaller in width and depth. Won't be long till you can't even get your little finger in one.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:25 PM
newbie2

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The Levis are now missing 2 belt loops on the rear. Pants hag different and sometimes the high center squeezes the "twins".
I keep ear plugs in the watch pocket.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:18 AM
Deathrowdave

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Pocket watches

Believe it or not there are different designed pocket watches for different uses. The one shown in a recent post was to be carried in a bib overall pocket not a watch pocket . Notice the length on the stem ? These often get broken off , while trying to carry them in a watch pocket of pants while working . The railroad watch with or with out a face cover normally has the 12 at the top and the stem at 3 position . This is so when removed from the overall pocket to view the 12 is at the top while normally holding the long stem at the 3 . The watch designed to be carried in a pants watch pocket has a short stem and nothing more than a loop to attach a fop or lanyard to , not the long protruding stem . I have a collection of pocket watches , I carried many in 35 years as a fire man and engineer . Nothing better for me than my bibs and my watch in my breast pocket away from harms way . Most good brand overall have a small hole sewn into the area near the breast watch pocket for attach the watch lanyard to , and most good ones have watch pockets in the right front pocket with a sewn hole to attach the lanyard to also. Many of the little things are gone today , just as the pocket watch . When I started , you could always tell , the old salts by the way they wrapped their prized watch in there bandanna before returning it to safe keeping in the breast pocket of the bib overalls . Contrary to belief most of the time there was another pair of pants on under the bibs , they were worn just to try to keep you 1/2 way clean and not burn up your clothes with hot ashes while firing the boiler . Those were the days , it was a hard tough job , that kids would shake their head at today and ask why , then say no way Iím I doing that for any amount of money !
Old 02-12-2020, 01:44 AM
woodchuckssuck
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Send a message via AIM to woodchuckssuck
Yep, I keep my Kershaw OD1 flipper knife, a SAK tinker, and my Fenix LD01 1xAAA flashlight stuffed in my watch pocket. Yea, I was a boyscout. Always be prepared... people pick fun till they need my flashlight or a knife