Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-07-2020, 01:44 PM
GregP74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatter View Post
I HAD a Ruger Mk. I and a Mk. III. I still have a .22 SP101. But my favorite .22 handgun is the Bearcat. Eats anything you feed it, no FTFs, lotsa fun.
I would probably be more inclined to get one of those than another single six. I like the smallness of them.

Still, not sure about another single action one. The loading gates are kind of annoying to me. I prefer just popping the cylinder to the side and loading/unloading them all at once.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:50 PM
GregP74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
Thankfully I'm not limited to one .22 handgun BUT, if I were, this would be my choice. It's a 1952 second series Match Target Woodsman.

Pretty sure the first pistol I shot with my grandpa was one of those.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:38 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The gun I pick up most. My 617.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:28 PM
Bullet Bob
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I used to have a Bearcat, gave it a friend of mine for his children, it was just too small for me. I've had 2 or 3 Single Sixes over the years; I like Rugers, but they don't have the silky precision of the Colt New Frontier and Peacemaker .22's, at least to me. I didn't care for the previous version of Colt single action .22's though - Frontier Scout? Losing my memory.

I do have a Ruger Bisley Single-Seven in .327 magnum, great gun. I use it for shooting .32 S&W Long wadcutters, cause I'm old and feeble. Doesn't have the Colt feel though. I shoot with a guy I've known since before we were teenagers, he still shoots an old "flat gate" Single Six he got when he was young. It's better than the post '73 actions, but still not the same to me. But, I'm no expert, either.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:12 PM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregP74 View Post
Model is 051428490 "Buck Mark Plus UDX - California Compliant"

Not sure why I need a California pistol in Illinois, but oh well. I'm looking forward to trying this baby out. It's been years since I've shot a buckmark but I remember my friend's being good.
My Buck Mark Plus UDX is my second most favorite 22 semi-auto pistol. It shoots well, fits my hand like a glove, has a nice factory trigger, and has been very reliable. It is second only because my first 22 pistol was a Sig-Hammerli Trailside, which shoots a bit better (in my hands anyway, should be noticeably better to a skilled shooter), has a very light trigger, and fits my hand like a tailored glove. I almost hate to take the Trailside out, because every time I put it back in the box after a range session, that 25m factory target smirks at me.

Regardless, the UDX is a great pistol. I predict you're going to like it. A lot.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:18 PM
GregP74

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got to put a few rounds through and I like it a lot. I think I shot just as well with that as I do my Mk 4 Comp for less than half what I've put into that thing.

I've got some more mags for it coming Monday, so I'll be super happy then.

Does anyone make a floorplate or something to extend the capacity of these things? I thought I saw one but that might have been for the Ruger SR22 when i was planning on getting that one.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:04 AM
Andyd
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
I own a wide variety of .22 l.r. handguns, from Colt, Korth, S&W, Dan Wesson, Weihrauch revolvers to Hammerli 208, Walther PP & PP Sport, GSP, FN International 150, Colt Woodsman and S&W 41.

My favorite .22 pistol is this:

Balance, sight picture and trigger characteristics are fantastic.

My favorite .22 l.r. revolver is the first Korth I ever bought, ejection is supersmooth, the trigger pull is adjustable from the outside and the double action pull has the stacking adjustable, an adjustable trigger stop is there, too. The finish is durable enough so that the heavy use of the last ten years doesn't even show.

In between those two, it would be a toss-up.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:11 AM
cabin22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You've got two beauties there!!
Old 02-08-2020, 09:00 AM
Sagittarius

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I could only have one, I’d keep my most accurate and exotic one.
My Pardini SP Bulleye with Razor red dot and Dick Horton custom stock.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5EC9B00F-296F-483F-B093-63A08E9095A0_1581170426766.jpeg (121.4 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Sagittarius; 02-08-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:06 AM
1911CCW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregP74 View Post
I'll check out the 22/45 lite as well. Those share the same innards as the MK if I remember correctly. To be honest after all the work I've done on my competition one not sure if I really want to go doing up one of those triggers again lol
You are correct. They do mostly share the same innards. One part that doesn't cross over is the bolt hold open lever. The trigger, sear and all the other goodies do. You can confirm this by looking at what comes with a Volquartsen accurizing kit. The instructions say that if you are installing it into a 22/45 frame, leave out the bolt hold open lever.

I like having lots of different .22 caliber pistols but if I had to choose one to stick with it would be the Ruger Mark series. That way I can keep my system the same (magazines, accessories, etc.).
Old 02-08-2020, 02:43 PM
rem33
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Super Single-Six old model
Old 02-08-2020, 09:39 PM
CamP

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've owned lots of 22 plinking pistols. Now I've whittled them down to just two. My favorite iron sight gun is an 8" heavy ventilated barrel Dan Wesson revolver. It shoots lights out, but it's a big, heavy target gun.

For a light weight plinker that's also amazingly accurate, I have a new Ruger MK IV standard with a 6" barrel, volquartsen trigger and Bushell TRS-25 red dot. It's my go to pistol when I want to shoot small objects at 100 yards. So much fun.