What 10/22 to choose? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:48 AM
Fiskamon
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What 10/22 to choose?

Could use some help. I'm looking to replace the trigger group on both my 10/22's. My head is spinning when it comes to making up my mind which on to choose. I'm not a competition kind of shooter, but I do like the personal challenge of punching center. Is there any suggestions one could give me?

Last edited by Fiskamon; 01-18-2021 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Left out a word in thread title
Old 01-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Buy the kidd. Pay once cry once. They are the best.

Next down the rung the kidd kit.

Next, send yours into brimstone , get the tier 2.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:52 AM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I went with the Tactical innovations/pike arms cnc milled aluminum trigger housing and put Kidd trigger group inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
It all depends on what you want to spend. If you want the absolute best 10/22 trigger then a Kidd 2 stage would be it. But it also probably cost more than the rifle. Then you have the Kidd complete single stage at around $225. Next, and the one I would recommend is the Kidd Trigger Job Kit. At about $105 it's the best deal out there for 10/22's for trigger pull at a reasonable price. If your just looking for something a little better than the OEM trigger and don't want to spend much then something like a VQ Target Hammer is ok for plinking and informal target shooting at around $35.
Old 01-18-2021, 11:28 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
I have nothing against Brimstone. I think they do a great job at reworking the OEM trigger. But you can only improve so much on OEM equipment. And while the tier 2 from Brimstone isn't a bad trigger by the time you pay for it plus shipping your pretty much at the price of buying the superior Kidd kit.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:04 PM
Big Pete10
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can search Rimfire Central and find the DIY instructions, free trigger job this way, I've done 4 this way, my 2 are at 3# and I like them. Also have one with a Volk. hammer and one BX, about 2 or 2-1/2#. I found that I like the 3# better but I'm not a bench shooter, like off hand plinking or maybe NRA Sporter match. Depends on what you want.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:42 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I have nothing against Brimstone. I think they do a great job at reworking the OEM trigger. But you can only improve so much on OEM equipment. And while the tier 2 from Brimstone isn't a bad trigger by the time you pay for it plus shipping your pretty much at the price of buying the superior Kidd kit.
Yes, about the same, but no frustration.just plug and play. Bits and pieces and springs and pins are not my idea of fun. Ive done both, and honestly, i like the food someone else cooks for me. And Im an excellent cook.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:55 PM
mtnhickorynut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Buy the kidd. Pay once cry once. They are the best.

Next down the rung the kidd kit.

KIDD trigger and done. Anything else is a stepping stone along the path between Ruger and KIDD.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:00 PM
KCinWashington

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Get whatever Kidd setup best fits your budget. I've had Volquartsen's hammer, Volquartsen's complete trigger group, Even had a trigger done by Clark Custom Guns years ago (which was quite good for the time). Nothing beats the lack of creep and crispness of Kidd's work. The Kidd single stage trigger group makes me smile when I use it. A 2-stage would probably make me smile twice
Old 01-19-2021, 01:18 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If your willing to spend the money on a Kidd I don't see how you can go wrong .As a matter of fact when you buy your first complete Kidd barreled action you will probably never buy another Ruger 10/22 with the exception of the base model for general planking in the $200 range. Having said that if you don't have the money to go all in you could always buy a stock Ruger 10/22 and slowly modify it with Kidd parts. By the time you are finished the only stock part will probably be the magazine.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (63)
KIDD KIDD or KIDD

I agree with the advise to buy whatever KIDD trigger fits your budget

Two Stage @ $289
Single Stage @ $235
or
Trigger Job kit @ $105

Nothing against all of the others, but....

You won't go wrong with any of the above options
Old 01-19-2021, 01:43 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
If your willing to spend the money on a Kidd I don't see how you can go wrong .As a matter of fact when you buy your first complete Kidd barreled action you will probably never buy another Ruger 10/22 with the exception of the base model for general planking in the $200 range. Having said that if you don't have the money to go all in you could always buy a stock Ruger 10/22 and slowly modify it with Kidd parts. By the time you are finished the only stock part will probably be the magazine.
Doing this now. the next piece is the Kidd receiver, ordered but coming mid Feb due to their delays. after this, the only OE parts are the mag, the cross pins holding it all together and the stock attachment screw. went this route bc I already had a factory gun and didnt know exactly what I wanted. Now, id just buy a Kidd barreled action if I wanted another one.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:46 PM
Teachu2

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZO View Post
Doing this now. the next piece is the Kidd receiver, ordered but coming mid Feb due to their delays. after this, the only OE parts are the mag, the cross pins holding it all together and the stock attachment screw. went this route bc I already had a factory gun and didnt know exactly what I wanted. Now, id just buy a Kidd barreled action if I wanted another one.
You're a faster learner than I - my Kidd Supergrade came after four builds....
Old 01-19-2021, 02:22 PM
Kilerham

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Drop in kit from volquartsen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2021, 02:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkd View Post
I agree with the advise to buy whatever KIDD trigger fits your budget

Two Stage @ $289
Single Stage @ $235
or
Trigger Job kit @ $105

Nothing against all of the others, but....

You won't go wrong with any of the above options
I agree.

For field rifles I use the single stage.
For target rifles I use the two stage.