Cz457 Mtr problems. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:49 PM
Jtcole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cz457 Mtr problems.

Hey guys anybody have any problems with the 457 de-cocking when closing the bolt? Just purchased the rifle a couple weeks ago waiting on optic to come in so have yet to actually fire the rifle. Iv Adjusted the trigger down to just under a 2lbs. Was messing around with it a little just getting a feel for the rifle but now when I run the bolt and go to actually close the bolt about half way closed it is de-cocking. At first if I closed the bolt slow it was fine but on a hard close it would de-cock. Now however it doesn’t matter how you close the bolt the trigger is not set. Like I said Iv yet to fire the rifle but I can only assume that upon closing the bolt if it had one in the chamber it would go bang without me pulling the trigger. Just curious if it’s a common problem that could be an easy fix or if I’m more then likely going to be sending it back to cz? Any input would be great thanks in advance!
Old 01-15-2021, 08:08 PM
edrabara

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It happened to me once. Check your pre-travel settings (part #49 aka sear engagement). You may have set it too low.

You did run the bump test before you reassembled the rifle, right?

HTH, Ed
Old 01-15-2021, 08:30 PM
Dinola

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Its not 'decocking' - its firing.
As said, you need to adjust the trigger and do a bump test.. Web instructions are pretty good on this stuff.
You have hit the limit of the factory trigger adjustment and went just a bit too far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2021, 08:57 PM
KB22RF

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Had that problem. I added a smidge to the trigger weight and it solved the problem.
Old 01-15-2021, 09:18 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (108)
Sear adjustment is needed
Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 PM
Jtcole

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did in fact give it the bump test...but just put about a half turn on the pre travel setting and problem seems to be resolved for now. thanks for all the input/help!