Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

The LCI HAD to go

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  jstanfield103 
#1 ·
I've had my MKIII Hunter for years. Cleaned it up, picked up a holster, 4 TK magazine holsters and a mag loader and burned through hundreds of rounds the other day. For the first time the LCI was more than just ugly, it was causing stoppages that had to be dug out with a tool.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's shore 'nuff a stoppage involving the LCI, but are you sure the LCI is the cause of the problem? For the empty to get in that position something went very wrong in the ejection process. The last picture seems to show bulging around the last fraction of an inch of the case. You can get this with carbon buildup in the chamber causing the cartridge to never seat completely, or to stick while it's being extracted.

#4 ·
So, if I understand this correctly, it has worked just fine with the LCI for years and lots of rounds.
Now it bobbles and the LCI is to blame.
Hmmm

Reactions: James Cottrell
#14 ·
To be sure, I am a fan of the KISS Principle and have been known to remove bits and bobs that become problematic.
I am also curious/wanting to to know the 'whys' of stuff....its an affliction :rolleyes:; seen a lot of chasing the wrong critter 'round the wrong tree.

#21 ·
Edlmann, thanks for the heads up on the clearance LCI! I just traded my friend out of his 22/45 Lite this afternoon and almost bought the Tandemkross LCI for $20. I ended up buying two of the clearance ones just in case I end up with another MKIII.
Again, Thanks Edlmann!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.