Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:27 PM
Bradical
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger Bisely Super Blackhawk Hunter in .44 Magnum

Anyone with experience with one?

I never thought I'd win the auction below $1,000 on one of these in like new condition. Especially in this market. Never, nope not gonna happen, but took a shot anyway. Ya just never know.

I just love my Single Six and have always wanted a revolver in .44 Magnum. Naturally, I started looking at other Ruger wheel guns and the single action Blackhawks just looked awesome. The Bisely Hunter looked even cooler.

I may just have to keep it on a pretty light diet until this ammo crazy settles down. I could easily buy it several times over.

I hope to have it my possession in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Bradical; 05-02-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-03-2021, 12:46 AM
'ol shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (136)
I have a NM Vaquero in .45 Colt with the Bisley grip, really like the grip much better than the standard. .44 Mag is a stout round, the Bisley grip will help you tame it. Post up some pics when you get it.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I still have a couple of the 44 Magnum Ruger single actions. Ones an old model but the others a stainless Blackhawk with the rounded trigger guard instead of the Dragoon guard. I don't know how many I've owned over time but when ever I needed trading stock I'd put up a 44 Ruger. I don't remember any of them ever being a problem. There pretty much bullet proof. I always figured that you could always just go out and pick up another. Current times may require a reevaluation of that idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59801 View Post
... Ones an old model but the others a stainless Blackhawk with the rounded trigger guard instead of the Dragoon guard. I don't know how many I've owned over time but when ever I needed trading stock I'd put up a 44 Ruger. I don't remember any of them ever being a problem. There pretty much bullet proof. I always figured that you could always just go out and pick up another. Current times may require a reevaluation of that idea.
This one has the rounded trigger guard. I didn't want one with the Dragoon style. I've kicking this tire for a couple of years. Not to many Hunter variations come up in the previously owned category. I suspect owner's hold on to them being that they are so simply rugged and functional.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:37 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Shooting wise the two style trigger guards don't make any difference to me. I like the look of the rounded guard better though. I have an old model Single Six in 22 L.R. and a new model Single Six in 32 H&R. They do make nice companion pieces to one another.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:14 PM
chuck40219
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I had/have

I had/have a regular hunter in 44 mag. It is on consignment at the local gun shop. Have taken several deer with it. My old hands can not take the recoil of even the 44 special loads anymore, so down the road it goes.

Great gun by the way enjoy it.

Chuck40219
Old 05-05-2021, 09:37 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck40219 View Post
I had/have a regular hunter in 44 mag. It is on consignment at the local gun shop. Have taken several deer with it. My old hands can not take the recoil of even the 44 special loads anymore, so down the road it goes.

Chuck40219
Yeah, I figured I'd better scratch this itch before I can't anymore.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:25 AM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Chuck40219
What are doing with the ammo? Gees, I never would have thought it could be THIS AWFUL out there. I may not get to shoot it for a long time if this ammo madness doesn't end. This is nuts.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:15 AM
chuck40219

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
What are doing with the ammo? Gees, I never would have thought it could be THIS AWFUL out there. I may not get to shoot it for a long time if this ammo madness doesn't end. This is nuts.
Gun sold, picked money up from gun shop yesterday. Have not listed other items on web yet. Only things I have are the dies, brass and some bullets.

Not to turn this into a for sale add, but you asked. Look in the trading post this afternoon.

Chuck
Old 05-11-2021, 08:45 AM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Gun sold, picked money up from gun shop yesterday. Have not listed other items on web yet. Only things I have are the dies, brass and some bullets.

Not to turn this into a for sale add, but you asked. Look in the trading post this afternoon.

Chuck
Old 05-11-2021, 10:15 AM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Ammo?
Everything in cf reloadable I have stuff to reload and bullet moulds for most.
Ammo control is defacto gun control will be my next custom t-shirt.
Old 05-11-2021, 10:36 AM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Ammo?
Everything in cf reloadable I have stuff to reload and bullet moulds for most.
Ammo control is defacto gun control will be my next custom t-shirt.
Yup and reloading equipment backordered for months. May have to cast. Gees, may have to get my musket operational.

Or I could cough up $2+ per round. *Sigh*

This can't last. ... My famous last words.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:26 PM
damonkeydobad
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (35)
Yes i have one topped with a leupold 2X it is a great shooting hunting gun.You wont be sorry.If you need load info PM me.-Craig
Old 05-11-2021, 07:59 PM
Bradical

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Big Brother's Here

The beast arrived today. Here's a picture next to my loved and well used Single Six for scale. the angle of the photo does exaggerate the size difference but not by much. Man, what a monster.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-11-2021, 08:13 PM
chuck40219

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
The beast arrived today. Here's a picture next to my loved and well used Single Six for scale. the angle of the photo does exaggerate the size difference but not by much. Man, what a monster.

[IMG][/IMG]
Yep, that's the one I had. Did you get the scope rings with it?

I included a Weaver scope with the one I sold.

By the way the dies and bullets are up on the trading post. Sorry I have about 100 rounds loaded but I will not sell handloads. They are mixed loads and I do not remember what. No other brass.

chuck40219